Avoid the kids?

Mara Suung

Doesnt Princess go out of Galveston.. if you want to avoid kids, not sure why you are doing a family friendly cruise.

Because there are not alot of cruise lines going out of Galvaston. I just think that all the ships should have more adult area only areas.

Because there are not alot of cruise lines going out of Galvaston. I just think that all the ships should have more adult area only areas.

Well Triumph which does the shorter cruises doesnt have a all adult area that goes out of Galveston. That only leaves Magic. You really think a waterpark isnt going to attract a lot of kids.. and the rope course etc.

People will keep their kids out of school if the price is right so there is no safe time as far as we are concerned. School started in TX Aug 27, yet this week on the Magic there are 700 rugrats. People from the NE who's kids don't start untll after Labor Day are onboard. Ruined our plans for a quiet vacation.

People will keep their kids out of school if the price is right so there is no safe time as far as we are concerned. School started in TX Aug 27, yet this week on the Magic there are 700 rugrats. People from the NE who's kids don't start untll after Labor Day are onboard. Ruined our plans for a quiet vacation.

We had over 700 on little Ecstasy one cruise (during school).. 700 on Magic sounds very low to me.

Its all the "home schoolers" They can pick up and go anytime since there parents are the "teachers".

We went the first week of April once.. who knew it was spring break in Mexico. This was a RCL Cruise out of Galveston. We had 1200 Mexicans onboard, I kid you not. And one of our ports was Roatan, spring break there too, so we were not allowed to park in West End. We had to promise to just drive thru. The worst part was the delay getting thru customs afterwards.

My theory is you never can tell so dont worry about it.

Its all the "home schoolers" They can pick up and go anytime since there parents are the "teachers".

This and other things we dont we dont even think about. We were overrun in late October about four years ago. When we asked a couple of kids why they weren't in school, the said they were on "fall break". What the heck is that? We must be getting old and out of touch.

We now plan our traditional fall cruise for the first week in Oct.

A little time on Google and there is a site that lists schools and Spring Break. I don't remember it and Princess is a good suggestion. Great trips and enforced Adult Only areas.

Thanks. I have been thinking about Princess and Celebrity. I think they are somewhat affordable and less "kid focused".

The big slide on the Magic sure looks like fun, though.

64 days and counting....:):cool:

Doesnt Princess go out of Galveston.. if you want to avoid kids, not sure why you are doing a family friendly cruise.

Because we got an incredible deal! I don't hate kids, just want some adult space, too. Not a gambler or a bar junkie, though.

My river cruises have had very few children (very well behaved), and reading these boards I'm hearing about kids running everywhere, diapers in hot tubs, etc. Am definitely going on my first mega ship with an open mind and pre-planned tolerance built in. Minor issues won't get in the way of my adventure! :)

Because we got an incredible deal! I don't hate kids, just want some adult space, too. Not a gambler or a bar junkie, though.

My river cruises have had very few children (very well behaved), and reading these boards I'm hearing about kids running everywhere, diapers in hot tubs, etc. Am definitely going on my first mega ship with an open mind and pre-planned tolerance built in. Minor issues won't get in the way of my adventure! :)

Does that mean you are on Magic?

(since you say a mega ship, thats what Im guessing).

Its also the one ship that has a adult area out of Galveston for Carnival.

Archived