Deck blankets on Alaska cruises?

WeRockChalkKU

We used to always have them in our cabin -- but summer of 2012 -- none in our cabin.

I just sent DH up to the Lido pool area to pick up a couple.

If you don't see them in your cabin you can either ask your cabin steward for them or just go to any of the areas around the pool where there are bins for towels. And down on the Promenade Deck there will be stacks of them as well.

Over the years we have had red plaid ones, blue plaid ones, solid green and solid blue ones.

On our Westerdam cruise in December in a VD cabin, there must have been a dozen deck blankets in our cabin. It seemed like every compartment we opened there was a blanket in it. There was one sitting on the loveseat when we got into the cabin. I looked in the drawers under the bed and there was yet another stash of blankets. I'm not sure why there were so many in there and we found it kind of amusing.

On our Westerdam cruise in December in a VD cabin, there must have been a dozen deck blankets in our cabin. It seemed like every compartment we opened there was a blanket in it. There was one sitting on the loveseat when we got into the cabin. I looked in the drawers under the bed and there was yet another stash of blankets. I'm not sure why there were so many in there and we found it kind of amusing.

Were you in the Caribbean? That is funny!

We've always had the blankets in a cabinet on all our cruises.... Canada/NE, Alaska, Europe, Caribbean...... They are either red/black plaid or blue/black plaid. :)

The above photo is the first I've with the plaid having green in the pattern. :)

In Alaska, does HAL provide blankets/wraps for use on the outside decks?

Thanks to all you experienced, knowledgeable, helpful folks that take the time to respond.

I have seen them on the Promenade Deck on the Alaskan cruises. I have seen them on the chairs on the Wrap around Deck.

Were you in the Caribbean? That is funny!
Yes, we were. But we weren't laughing anymore when we pulled into Key West and it was about 50 degrees with a stiff wind.

Your question brought back a memory from my first Alaskan cruise on the Ryndam. I chose a deck chair and upon sitting down a steward came by and asked if I would like a blanket. He brought one immediately and then about 5 minutes later came by and said I still didn't look warm enough and brought me another one. Love you HAL.

St. Louis Sal

I have seen them on the Promenade Deck on the Alaskan cruises. I have seen them on the chairs on the Wrap around Deck.

You can find the plaid blankets on the Lower Promenade Deck. However, the crew put them away too early in the afternoon after folding the chairs up, as experienced on the Amsterdam this past Sept.

Your question brought back a memory from my first Alaskan cruise on the Ryndam. I chose a deck chair and upon sitting down a steward came by and asked if I would like a blanket. He brought one immediately and then about 5 minutes later came by and said I still didn't look warm enough and brought me another one. Love you HAL.

St. Louis Sal

Ah yes, the good life.....dreaming of being waited on & cared for. I love being pampered.

Archived