St. John Half Day Champagne Cat Sail - excursion

geenafeena

has anyone done this excursion. do you have to swim ashore to the beach from the catamaran? the excursion is desribed as "The brisk sail across Pillsbury Sound brings the catamaran to its special mooring destination where you can swim to or reach the beautiful National Park Honeymoon Bay Beach via dinghy". If i am right, a dinghy is a small boat that will bring us directly to the beach?

is this worth $80???

We have taken this excursion and loved it. It consists of a scenic, beautiful ride across to St. John. Then they anchor off a beach, I believe the choice can vary due to weather conditions. You do indeed have a choice of swimming ashore or riding in a little dinghy, very easy to get into, then plenty of time on the beach to swim, stroll, sunbathe, etc. We thought it was well worth the $80/pp. Very friendly crew, beautiful scenery. I believe there is a longer tour including lunch , but we wanted a chance to shop also, so this one worked out best for us.

this tour is 4 hours and includes "freshly baked breads, cheeses, fruits and a variety of beverages onboard". is this the one you did? how long are you actually on the catamaran?

We have taken this excursion and loved it. It consists of a scenic, beautiful ride across to St. John. Then they anchor off a beach, I believe the choice can vary due to weather conditions. You do indeed have a choice of swimming ashore or riding in a little dinghy, very easy to get into, then plenty of time on the beach to swim, stroll, sunbathe, etc. We thought it was well worth the $80/pp. Very friendly crew, beautiful scenery. I believe there is a longer tour including lunch , but we wanted a chance to shop also, so this one worked out best for us.

Hi,

We're also considering this excursion but as seniors, are wondering how difficult it is to disembark/embark from/into the catamaran - does it have little steps at the back that you use to get into the water ? Thanks.:)

this tour is 4 hours and includes "freshly baked breads, cheeses, fruits and a variety of beverages onboard". is this the one you did? how long are you actually on the catamaran?

Yes, that sounds like the one! I remember snacks were served as well as cold drinks and drinks (beer, rum punch, that sort of thing.) Staff was very friendly and accommodating, atmosphere was festive. We were on the beach probably about an hour and a half, but the timing of everything seemed right. The scenery is really lovely on this water tour, one of the best we've seen in that regard.

Hi,

We're also considering this excursion but as seniors, are wondering how difficult it is to disembark/embark from/into the catamaran - does it have little steps at the back that you use to get into the water ? Thanks.:)

Yes, there were steps. We're not the most agile middle aged people you will ever see, and we managed just fine. It was more like a sturdy ladder than a stairway, though. Staff was very helpful and really wants to make sure everyone has fun.

Yes, there were steps. We're not the most agile middle aged people you will ever see, and we managed just fine. It was more like a sturdy ladder than a stairway, though. Staff was very helpful and really wants to make sure everyone has fun.

Great. So, for us, it will be Champagne Catamaran ! I have another question though: what about accessing the "facilities" ?:confused:

Thanks.

Hi,

we were on this tour last February. There is one 'facility' but a poor one. It is on a catamaran and you better do not breath when you are there. And where shoes, flip flops or similiar. But we enjoyed it very much - I mean the tour.....

My husband went with the dingi to the beach and snorkeled. Both is fine. When you return they offer rum punch and mimosas. They have water, coke etc., too.

Archived