Voyager-live Venice to Monaco

fudge

Well, Revello was a nice place to visit, quite high but a wonderful view once there.

A relaxing day chilled out, back to the ship for even more champagne if that's possible?

Last evening we had a very nice meal once again in the Compass Rose, because we are English a curry (spiced food) comes naturally to us, so that was it. The Compass Rose is a beautiful restaurant, the service is good as is the food.

We visited the theater last evening for the " lights Camera Music" show, from the musicals, 45 minutes, very professional indeed very entertaining.

Today we left Civitavecchia on a tour to Rome.

Please note, when you look at the tours there is the "rail car" trip, we initially booked this tour but then realised that we would have 7 and a half hours in Rome!

Don't get me wrong, Rome is a beautiful city as we all know but that length of time is a long time to spend there, we changed our trip to 6 hours which included a 90 minute scenic tour by bus and 90 minutes of free time.

We do not sail until 10pm this evening so we are of to the town so Mrs. Fudge can look at the shops (ahem!!)

Back to the Chartreuse tonight for our second visit, looking forward to that already. :D

Today we are Portoferraio, Italy.

The ship has docked in one of the most picturesque harbors we have ever docked in. The town is really pretty, we got off the ship had a walk around the local market, bargains were not to be had so Mrs. Fudge walked away with nothing, thats a first let me tell you!!

This afternoon we are on a wine tasting tour, if we get back in one piece the ship are having a on deck BBQ around the pool at pm.

We don't sail until 10 pm so we are enjoying the sunshine once more and the champagne. :)

Thoroughly enjoying sailing along with you (in my mind).

Hope you make it back in time for the evening deck BBQ and that the weather stays fine; Regent usually put on an excellent array of yummy dishes, followed by music & dancing; all very enjoyable :D

Thank you, we are just leaving our suite to the pool deck to be serenaded by Ray our cruise director who is a really nice guy but totally off the wall. (lol) :p

Well here we are almost at the end of our cruise. We have docked in Portofino, its a short tender service to the town. We went over this morning, at the risk of repeating myself a very picturesque little town, lots of bars and restaurants and a few shops.

Last evening the crew treated us to an on deck BBQ, credit where credit is due, we had a fantastic evening under the stars. The food and entertainment was first class, all the staff members who made it possible stood on deck and were rightly applauded by the guests for all their hard work.

So, I am off to the bar (again) then lunch. Mrs Fudge will pack later, she cannot trust me to do it, I cannot blame her!

This afternoon we "cash in" all our points we earned for playing on board games, no idea what we get, a weeks cruise maybe?? ( I dont think so) ;p

fudge, our thanks to y'all too for taking us along on your Voyage Med cruise. Liked you brief but cogently well written/balanced comparisons to the other line we also sail regularly (SS). Safe travels home.

So happy you are enjoying your cruise. We just finished visiting most of those ports last month. We were surprised at just how hot it is already!

Montenegro is truly breathtakingly beautiful on the sail in. We could not get into Taormina during the G7 but got to see it from Giardini Naxos below. Did get to see Etna but actually was not as impressing as I had expected. A plus was we sailed by another volcano during dinner. It is more active and had plumes of smoke at the top. I was told it is not a tourist destination due to the fact that it emits noxious gases. Amalfi was as I had remembered. Also got up to Ravello. Enjoy the rest of your cruise. We are looking forward to trying out Regent. Thanks for your comments. Will be sailing on Voyager for first time August 11 from Barcelona to Lisbon. Are you going into Marseilles by any chance? If so don't miss Marseilles itself. We went to Aix and when we got back we did a drive through the port town and it is really an interesting place with people just jumping into the sea off the rocks almost everywhere you look. I live in Miami and have never seen anything like it. Right in the downtown area there are places where people are just sunbathing and enjoying life. We are actually going back there on this cruise and I look forward to spending more time in Marseilles instead of spending most of the time someplace else.

Well, Revello was a nice place to visit, quite high but a wonderful view once there.

A relaxing day chilled out, back to the ship for even more champagne if that's possible?

Last evening we had a very nice meal once again in the Compass Rose, because we are English a curry (spiced food) comes naturally to us, so that was it. The Compass Rose is a beautiful restaurant, the service is good as is the food.

We visited the theater last evening for the " lights Camera Music" show, from the musicals, 45 minutes, very professional indeed very entertaining.

Today we left Civitavecchia on a tour to Rome.

Please note, when you look at the tours there is the "rail car" trip, we initially booked this tour but then realised that we would have 7 and a half hours in Rome!

Don't get me wrong, Rome is a beautiful city as we all know but that length of time is a long time to spend there, we changed our trip to 6 hours which included a 90 minute scenic tour by bus and 90 minutes of free time.

We do not sail until 10pm this evening so we are of to the town so Mrs. Fudge can look at the shops (ahem!!)

Back to the Chartreuse tonight for our second visit, looking forward to that already. :D

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. We did not go to Marseilles this time but we did last year, very nice indeed.

Well, thats the cruise over with, back in sunny Cyprus trying to lose the 7 pounds we put on!!! :(

You don't cruise and not put weight on do you?

We enjoyed our Regent cruise very much, it was different to other luxury cruise lines we have sailed on but not a deal breaker. We did have some issues but most were quickly resolved.

I would look at another sailing with Regent but the itinerary and price would have to be right as ever.