Cozumel Beach Day Pass Recommendations or RCCL Shore excursion?

tx121

It has been forever since I last visited Cozumel. Last time we did a shore excursion to the Mayan Ruins on the mainland which was all day. This time I would like to just relax and have a beach day.

Can anyone recommend any beach resorts or areas that are either free or have day passes to use their facilities?

I am eyeing Playa Mia. It says on their website it is $30. On RCCL's shore excursion it is double at $77! It doesn't look that far from the cruise pier. So we may be attempting to do it on our own and take a taxi which I think shouldn't be too much.:rolleyes:

If there are any other recommendations I would love to hear what other options you have. Thanks so much in advance!

You can't really go wrong with any of the popular beach clubs in Cozumel. I wouldn't waste money doing an excursion to one though. Taxi's are cheap, plentiful and reliable in Cozumel.

I don't have personal experience with Playa Mia but I have been to Nachi Cocum, Paradise Beach Club and Mr. Sanchos. If you don't have kids with you and you're looking for a more quiet, less action place I'd recommend Nachi Cocum. If you have kids with you and need a little more action and things to keep them busy I'd go for Paradise Beach Club and if you want high energy and a more party atmosphere Mr. Sanchos.

Sorry I couldn't help with Playa Mia but definitely don't pay extra to go to any of the beach clubs through the ship. Enjoy your day, I love Cozumel!

I also, recommend Paradise Beach. Below is part of my review of our Easter '16 family cruise on Oasis OTS.

Cozumel:

This was the best decision made on this cruise. My daughter, even though was a bit sunburnedat Labadee, wanted to go to a beach. Looked at the beach tours, but was very expensive, especially with 3small children who pay as much as an adult, eg: Playa Maya beachexcursions.

From CC I was able to get an evaluation of some of the Cozumel beachareas. Opted for Paradise Beach. This is truly a-la-carte. Getting to the taxi area was a zoo. In past cruises we try to disembark as earlyas possible and avoid this nightmare. This time we were a bit late and not only Mex. Customs slowed theprocess down, but the lines to taxis snaked all over the place. Finally reached the front and asked for avan. A bargain, a flat $30 + grats.

It took us approximately12 minutes to get there. Once arrived, astaff member advised us that it’s $3 per (avoided pay for the 2 smallestchildren) and included lounge chairs and umbrellas, plus the pool. The caveat, need to spend $10 per onfood/drink. This was easilyaccomplished. Did not expect muchregarding food, but it was absolutely good. We ordered chips with salsa, beef tacos, Quesos and chicken fingers forthe children. Was surprised that thechicken fingers contained about 8-9 large pieces with French fries. Some of us ordered beer( Sol & Tecata)& others sodas. A very unusualsituation—Ginger Ale was in cans, but diet or regular Pepsi was from thefountain. Along the way, we saw somediners with canned sodas and could not understand why. We found out later, that the staff personassigned to us was associated with the bar, while others were associated withthe restaurant—unusual arrangement. MySIL, at $18 each for of his children got the usage of beach inflatables,kayaks, and many other diverse beach toys. Worth every cent.

The pool was included in the $3 price and it was large, cleanand one could swim up to the bar. We tookadvantage of both the beach and pool. Overall a great experience.

One down side was the plethora of seaweeds washing ashore. There was a storm the day before that causedthis situation. This was up & downthe entire beach area. However, if you went20 feet in the water, no weeds were apparent. I walked the pier that is adjacent to the beach and it stretches some150 ft. and the water was crystal clear.

Bottom line, for $200 we had a great beach day. One of the beachexcursion via RCL would cost us $450+ for the same experience.

We did Paradise Beach this past April. Getting a taxi was simple and cost $16 for the four of us. Three people in our party paid the $3 and my son did the $20 wristband for the water toys. Spending the $10 on food/drink is easy. There were plenty of chairs and umbrellas plus shady areas. Pool is large and clean. We will definitely go back!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did Playa Mia through RC. It is all inclusive with RC, transfers, water amenities, kayaks etc, local drinks and buffet. If you do it yourself I understand there are different prices based on the package you buy. I did see the prices advertised the last time we went. They were giving out different colored wristbands based on your package. Some packages do not include food etc. You are correct that it is not far.

We did Nachi Cocum and loved it. Beach, pool, lunch, drinks and not crowded.

Another vote for Nachi. We've been there 3 or 4 times and it's never been crowded for us.

We have been to both Mr. Sancho's and Nachi Cocom - prefer Nachi for sure. Good food and drinks, they limit the number of guests, clean resort and they have a nice pool.................can't beat it!!! Make a reservation and you are guaranteed space. They have taxi's available or will call one quickly for your trip back to the ship. Just be sure that you bring your own towels as they don't have any available.

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/

Thanks for the advice. Leaning towards nachi resort. Does the $55 include unlimited drinks and food?

Yes, it does. The first thing I did after booking our June 2018 cruise back in March was to book Nachi.

Our kids love it too, but they're not the big partying type.

Edited by slvrbllt
Had to finish my thought

We've done playa mia both through RCCL and on our own. We preferred on our own. It was 1. Cheaper 2. We got there earlier on our own as we didn't have to wait on the 100 other guests to be wrangled and seated on the buses 3. We got to leave when we wanted to (ie got to stay later) 4. Got to purchase the entrance fee that we wanted. We don't drink booze so we could do the cheaper tix.

Cozumel is very doable on your own. Going through the line the first time was okay but I needed the insurance/assurance of what I was getting. I haven't tried the other places mentioned but have been tempted. Our daughter loves the pools and water games at playa mia. The buffet is okay there nothing special. We were going to do a la carte the next time to see how we make out.

Gave fun!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

We've done both Nachi (4 times) and Mr. Sancho's once. One of those things that you say, I liked this a little better here and this a little better there. When we went to Mr. Sancho's it was because a group from our roll call was going. Not having gone before, we joined in. We had a great day, didn't regret going, and if Nachi wasn't available, we'd go again.

For us, Nachi wins. They had expanded it a bit when we were there in January 2017. If you are seated a little ways down, there is now a bar to get to if your server is busy. We like their food better. It's more the Mexican style we're used to. We live on the border of TX and Mexico, so we have a different taster for Mexican food than probably others.

You will have some people come by asking if you want a floaty mat, a massage, to go snorkeling or kayaking. These are add ons. Have used a floaty mat that also serves as a nice cushion on the lounger. Never used any of their other services.

Taxis will run more going back than getting there. At least that's what happened the last two times we went. I think since they are not at the port, they do a bit of padding to the amount. It's maybe a dollar or two more. No problem for us. We just want to get back. LOL.

Just thinking about Nachi right now makes me want to head to the beach. Never had a bad time there even when it rained. Went and stayed under the big giant palapa (where you can also go to eat lunch) until the shower passed.

Have a great beach day in Cozumel wherever you decide to go! :)

Thanks for the advice. Leaning towards nachi resort. Does the $55 include unlimited drinks and food?

Technically not unlimited food, but we've never been able to finish what we order. We've been told each person gets two appetizers, one entree, and one dessert.

Technically not unlimited food, but we've never been able to finish what we order. We've been told each person gets two appetizers, one entree, and one dessert.

You're right as usual, Bob... since even my teenagers (boys) can't finish their meal, it's as close to unlimited as it can get for me :)

How far is Nachi Cocum from the port and do i have to make a reservation?

As to how far from port that would depend on which port your ship docks at (there are three) one downtown and two south of town. From the pier downtown it's about 10 miles as where the other two are about 7.5 miles or 24 or 10 minutes once you board a taxi.

Yes you want to make a reservation as they only admit 130 people per day to the beach club. You can see more about the club and make a reservation from the link that Cruise Wizard (Gary) provided.

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/

Trying to make the decision on which one to go to myself for my upcoming cruise as the day we dock in Cozumel will be my birthday. I'm leaning towards Mr. Sanchos but like the fact that the limit they number of people at Nachi Cocom. One thing I would like to be able to do is rent a wave runner and from the research I've done I don't believe that it is offered any longer at Nachi.

Edited by SciFiGuy1960

We also enjoyed Paradise BC, we purchased via 3rd party that picked up at the ship with round trip service.. We were able to get a few good hours in before the wife had a spa appt, I rented a scooter and toured the area for another hour

• 8 months later...
We also enjoyed Paradise BC, we purchased via 3rd party that picked up at the ship with round trip service.. We were able to get a few good hours in before the wife had a spa appt, I rented a scooter and toured the area for another hour

We just took a cab from port (15 for 4 people) and paid entry fee (21 with water park and 3 without). Food and service was also great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums