Zacapa old fashioned which bar or bars in the Equinox?

dis2cruise

It is basically a old fashion made with that rum at the World Class Bar. I had it a few times and then asked if it could be made with the Bulliet (stocked at that bar) as I like Bourbon. They were flexible. They had both the Bulliet Bourbon and Bulliet Rye. They also made a few of the other drinks substituting the Bourbon if I asked.

Drink up 🍷🍹🍸🍺

also, the Zacapa old fashioned Considered a premium drink?

It's right at the limit for the premium drinks pkg. Most of the drinks at the World Class bar are the same price. A couple are $15, so with the premium pkg you get charged $2.

When we were on the Reflection, that was our favorite bar. We stopped for a drink or two every night. Over the course of the cruise I tried every drink on their menu. They were all good, some I liked better than others, but all were good.

It's right at the limit for the premium drinks pkg. Most of the drinks at the World Class bar are the same price. A couple are $15, so with the premium pkg you get charged $2.

quote]

On our last cruise (2016) we weren't charged anything extra for any of the World Class Bar drinks with a premium package, the prices seemed to have changed from 2015 when there were 2 or 3 drinks that were an additional cost.

• 4 weeks later...

When we were on the Reflection, that was our favorite bar. We stopped for a drink or two every night. Over the course of the cruise I tried every drink on their menu. They were all good, some I liked better than others, but all were good.

According to this menu from the Equinox, the drinks at the World Class Bar are priced at $15 or $18 and therefore all would require an up-charge, even with the Premium Package.

http://www.thepreismans.com/equinox_ta_menus.htm#world

also, the Zacapa old fashioned Considered a premium drink?

It is included in the premium package. Have found that every bar has Zacapa. No need going to the overpriced world class bar to get it.

Check out Cruise Critic's story on the World Class Bar (with the menu)

Happy Cruising!

~Brittany Chrusciel, Associate Editor, Cruise Critic

It certainly would help if Cruise Critic put a date on CC stories. We have no way of knowing if your story was before or after the pictures by the Preismans which clearly show the $15 and $18 prices. On the other hand, we have no way of knowing if the Preisman's pictures were from the UK/Australian cruise where gratities are built into the prices and the limits on the classic/premium package are raised accordingly.

Maybe you're right....maybe the Preisman's are right....no way to know.

According to this menu from the Equinox, the drinks at the World Class Bar are priced at $15 or $18 and therefore all would require an up-charge, even with the Premium Package.

http://www.thepreismans.com/equinox_ta_menus.htm#world

There was a date - 2015. And it was a transatlantic, not sure if those prices are higher. I do know that we were on the Reflection Nov 2016, and most of the drinks fell within the limits of the premium package.