Recommendations

crisp1

After a little research I'm considering either Herod or Mystic Man for a coastal excursion. Herod's website has his without the extras for $65pp. Mystic Man has no prices listed. We've done a land tour with Herod (himself) years ago. Can anyone recommend one over the other? The price of MM's excursion. Or recommend someone else. DW does not snorkel but enjoys the day sails we have done before

Thanks

After a little research I'm considering either Herod or Mystic Man for a coastal excursion. Herod's website has his without the extras for $65pp. Mystic Man has no prices listed. We've done a land tour with Herod (himself) years ago. Can anyone recommend one over the other? The price of MM's excursion. Or recommend someone else. DW does not snorkel but enjoys the day sails we have done before

Thanks

We have a tentative booking with Mystic Man for their 6 hour Eco Adventure tour next March. It's $88 per person which includes lunch & drinks.

• 3 months later...

Thanks

Can you tell me which excursion you picked and how it was? We are going to St Lucia very soon. Also - how did you find "Herod"? ~Joyce

Can you tell me which excursion you picked and how it was? We are going to St Lucia very soon. Also - how did you find "Herod"? ~Joyce

We are the only ship in port for our upcoming cruise. Herod has a minimum of 12 for his powerboat excursion and Mysticman 10- we just came up with 10 on our roll call, so we booked with Mysticman- his price is $88pp, his cat is licensed for 55 pax, but he normally goes out with 15-20. Lunch is served on the boat and is a choice of chicken or fish ( catch of the day) with salad, potato wedges, macaroni pie and beans and rice with bottled water, cranberry water, local beer and rum punch- snorkel gear is provided. I'll report back after December 13

We are the only ship in port for our upcoming cruise. Herod has a minimum of 12 for his powerboat excursion and Mysticman 10- we just came up with 10 on our roll call, so we booked with Mysticman- his price is $88pp, his cat is licensed for 55 pax, but he normally goes out with 15-20. Lunch is served on the boat and is a choice of chicken or fish ( catch of the day) with salad, potato wedges, macaroni pie and beans and rice with bottled water, cranberry water, local beer and rum punch- snorkel gear is provided. I'll report back after December 13

Thanks for the info - we are going there Nov 26 - but hope you have a great time!

• 2 weeks later...
we booked with Mysticman- his price is $88pp, his cat is licensed for 55 pax, but he normally goes out with 15-20. Lunch is served on the boat and is a choice of chicken or fish ( catch of the day) with salad, potato wedges, macaroni pie and beans and rice with bottled water, cranberry water, local beer and rum punch- snorkel gear is provided. I'll report back after December 13

Thanks, that's more info than I knew. :cool:

• 4 months later...

Thank you. I emailed them for our group of ten. Do you know if Anse Chastenet Beach is the same as Jealousie? We were at Jealousie at Sugar Bay. The beach itself is gorgeous as is the snorkeling but where the tours come in it is very crowded with dilapidated beach chairs.

Thank you. I emailed them for our group of ten. Do you know if Anse Chastenet Beach is the same as Jealousie? We were at Jealousie at Sugar Bay. The beach itself is gorgeous as is the snorkeling but where the tours come in it is very crowded with dilapidated beach chairs.

Anse Chastenet is not Jalousie, which is in between the Pitons- Anse Chastenet is north of Soufrie

How did you enjoy your tour with Mystic Man?

It was one of the best day 'sails' we've been on- motored the whole day. The cat is huge- I think it can handle over 50- we were a group of 10- plenty of shade if you prefer. The crew was great- 3. We saw a lot of dolphins and a bunch of pilot whales. beverages flowed freely, the meal was good. My only disappointment was the snorkeling at Anse Chastenet- and the snorkeling was good- Anse Cochon is better. Pilot whales

10945037_10204615364677836_8718982416055411169_o.jpg

Edited by crisp1

Totally agree with you crisp1. The only disappointment with our tour was the snorkeling as well. Absolutely loved the "trampoline" on the front of the catamaran, and loved seeing all the pilot whales and flying fish! :cool:

We never saw any flying fish. Lots of dolphins - kept their distance, but got real close to a bunch of pilot whales- even a mom an her calf

• 4 weeks later...