Getaway wedding- help us pick!

MrsWhite831

We were on the getaway last April and I'm drawing a blank. My sister has decided to get married on the getaway this January! We're so excited. Her travel agent has asked that she chose an indoor location on the ship, during a sea day...

If it were you , where would you choose? They would love something "with a view".

We were married on the Breakaway before leaving port. They do weddings during the sailing, but I think you may have to bring your own officiant.

We were married in the Manhattan Room (Tropicana Room on Getaway) and then our reception was in the Bliss Lounge.

The space worked well for us because we had a large number of guests at the wedding. The Tropicana room might seem too big if you only have a small number of guests. It does have a nice view with the large windows and they already have a piano there if you wanted some music.

For our reception, we supplied the dance music and even a short video as we were introduced. The Group Staff on the ship even put our names in the lights on the wall (I was so excited that I did not even notice until seeing the pictures and video later.).

NCL did a great job. You start by working with their wedding vendor and then the Group Staff on the ship take over closer to the date.

Edited by beachmonkey
more info

We were married on the Breakaway before leaving port. They do weddings during the sailing, but I think you may have to bring your own officiant.

We were married in the Manhattan Room (Tropicana Room on Getaway) and then our reception was in the Bliss Lounge.

The space worked well for us because we had a large number of guests at the wedding. The Tropicana room might seem too big if you only have a small number of guests. It does have a nice view with the large windows and they already have a piano there if you wanted some music.

For our reception, we supplied the dance music and even a short video as we were introduced. The Group Staff on the ship even put our names in the lights on the wall (I was so excited that I did not even notice until seeing the pictures and video later.).

NCL did a great job. You start by working with their wedding vendor and then the Group Staff on the ship take over closer to the date.

Great info, thanks! Yes, they're working with the wedding vendor now. The do weddings on board, a captain will officiate (included in fee), the only restrictions are indoors and on a sea day. Our family loved the Tropicana room, good suggestion.

Word of caution, if your sister is from NY state her marriage will not be recognized if done on board at sea. MY DD was married on Princess and assured it was legal. She went to change her name on her drivers license and told they would not recognize it NY will only recognize USA , PR and US Virgin islands. She had to get remarried before work by the mayor with the janitor observing! This also happened to a friend who married in Antigua. Leave it to NY to get more $$ out of you

Word of caution, if your sister is from NY state her marriage will not be recognized if done on board at sea. MY DD was married on Princess and assured it was legal. She went to change her name on her drivers license and told they would not recognize it NY will only recognize USA , PR and US Virgin islands. She had to get remarried before work by the mayor with the janitor observing! This also happened to a friend who married in Antigua. Leave it to NY to get more $$ out of you

oh yeah loooove NY $$$. They were told they would have to be married/obtain a certificate in NY first and then it's called something else on the ship, like "symbolic ceremony" I believe.