Am I Alone.......

DUCK33

........in hating this new format!!! I cant seem to get into a flow. I really dislike not knowing who is on the boards with me at any given time. and it seems much more difficult to find threads that i previously posted on. I am the first to admit the a computer is just a giant paper wieght to me but this "improvement" is almost not worth the effort

I agree, I'm not really with it, either. I keep hoping the notifications will make a big difference, but I don't know. I think some people have jumped ship to other boards. I'm still trying, but my pleasure level is way, way down! :( :( :( :(

I'm not having alot of problems getting used to the new board but maybe I missing something and don't know it. I hope folks don't "jump ship" because I gain so much wonderful information here and meet so many wonderful folks. Please don't leave!:)

Don't worry DUCK....it's just the fatigue talking ;-)!!

I'm adjusting, but after 3700 odd posts and all the time I spent lurking, it is a big change. I too miss seeing who is on at any given moment, it kind of gave me a sense of community.

While everything isn't perfect...what is?? I still find it a nice breather in my day to see what's happening here.

Have a great "Canada Day" all (July 1st, our national holiday) and to my US friends...enjoy the 4th!!

Come on guys, the computer will not beat us! If you go to the top as you are reading this and click on quick links, you'll find subscribed threads which lists all of the threads that you have posted to. If you go a little further down, you can click on members online which is really wild because it shows you what post they are reading.

I do the geek thing for a living and I just started to look around so I'll let you know if I find anything else really cool!

I rather like the new features and the format. I think everything will be fine after the initial adjustment period. Pretty soon, we won't even remember what the old board looked like. Most people just need to get their options/profiles updated.

With all the people helping with the new features, I think everyone will settle into the new board pretty quickly. Happy posting!!! :D

-Rich

I LIKE the new boards, at least now that I've halfway figured out what I'm doing. The only thing I don't like is the number of people who haven't come over here from the old boards. I miss them and hope they come back.

Terri

I'm with you, I don't like the new format at all. I find it ackward and hard to maneuver. I check in here less and less, find my other "cruise" home more comfortable and with more activity.

Kathy

I for one think the new boards are great. They are so much easier to navigate. Like everything else, sometimes it takes some time to adjust. Try to remember the down time on the old boards.

Laura must be biting her tongue :confused: ; after all the complaints about the old boards, & now people still complain. Guess you can't please everybody.

Happy cruising!! :)

I for one am enjoying the new boards:p . If you scroll down to the bottom of the initial message board page, everyone who is on line is listed. Also, I guess you know that you can check and see who is on line in the immediate thread as they will have a green light next to their name. I have to admit that it is annoying not being able to see that listing except on the home message board page. There are another annoying glitches, but the main one, that nasty light blue page, seems to have disappeared :D

I do LOVE the enhanced interface editor:)

To say it bothered me at first might be a little strong....like any change it just took a couple of tries to get used to it. Guess I miss seeing who is on but, on the other hand, it's not like there's a live chat room. Now that I have my options set up I think it's super.

1 positive vote for the new board ...I rather like the new features and the format. I think everything will be fine after the initial adjustment period. Pretty soon, we won't even remember what the old board looked like. Most people just need to get their options/profiles updated..

I agree with ALL the positive and none of the ..........other :D

I like the new board. The only thing (so far) that I wish they'd change is who is on the boards. I miss having it broken down into Celebrity, Princess, RCI, etc. Most people post on one board or the other and it's a much smaller group. As it is now, it's enormous and hard to see. I like being able to see which of the Celebrity posters are on line--not everyone on the entire cruise critic!:o

Garry

For what I pay for this board I think I get tremendous value...I have learned so much here and met such nice people, I'll adjust and I'm sure in no time this format will become second nature. But I was VERY comfortable in the old style, when it worked!!

Hey Duck,

Don't give up man. Once you get used to it, I think you will like. Most of us don't like change, but change can be good :eek:

I, too, would like to see who is on the board and perhaps that feature will become available in the future. You gotta remember this thing is still being worked on even as we speak. :cool:

BTW, how is the little quacker doing. Still keeping you up at nights. Aaaaah, this may be your problem - lack of sleep, yah think :rolleyes:

I am very happy with the new boards. I post on other msg boards (dont worry.. they are non cruise related!) that use the same technology..so I feel pretty used to it. I just hope the others come back as well. I would hate for us to lose folks!

danielle

There are so many more features on the new boards. Sorry I have not noticed who is "missing", really no reason to bail, if folks go to other boards don't you think they would have to learn that new system? Take your time, play around with the features and maybe when you feel more comfortable you will enjoy these boards.

Can anyone tell me how to go directly to the last post so I don't have to scroll through the entire thread? It should be obvious, but to me, it isn't!

Thanks.

Mary

Duh, I just found the little arrow thing-ie to click on. Sorry for the post.

Can anyone tell me how to go directly to the last post so I don't have to scroll through the entire thread? It should be obvious, but to me, it isn't!

Thanks.

Mary

Duh, I just found the little arrow thing-ie to click on. Sorry for the post.

Whoops...for others it is this firstnewpost.gif on the left hand side of the threads.

I love the new boards. I figure the ones who really hate it will just leave. I love having a search that works.

you are big part of the community:).

Change is always difficult, whether it is a cruising message board, a new job, or even a new baby:D .

Life is about change......how is that new duckling doing anyway?

I am still getting used to things too. I have made the comment the one part of the old boards I do miss...is seeing who is on our forum. Yes, I know you can scroll to the bottom and click on "whos online" but I loved just having our names at the top.

I also understand they made these boards much better for everyone so the one part I miss is very small compared to everything else. I will get used to it and hopefully all the members will get used to things sooner or later;) .

Again, Duck you are loved on here......please stay!

Archived