Snorkel Park Question

caribbean1004

My family is planning on visiting Snorkel Park during our May cruise. We have a 2 year old with us, so it just makes things a lot easier than going to the much preferred Horseshoe Bay or other beaches.

Does anyone know if we are allowed to leave and re-enter without paying admission again on the same day? With our little one, we may need to head back to the ship for lunch/his nap. I tried e-mailing them, but I guess since they are closed for the season, no one got back to me.

Thanks so much!

• 1 month later...

Was reading on a website that there was a lot of broken glass in the water and in the sand from beach parties which was causing cut feet. Does anyone know if this has been rectified? Have 2 small children going with us and am not sure if it would be safe.

Was reading on a website that there was a lot of broken glass in the water and in the sand from beach parties which was causing cut feet. Does anyone know if this has been rectified? Have 2 small children going with us and am not sure if it would be safe.

I haven't heard about the glass (would make sense), but I do know there is coral and whatnot.

As a rule, I make my daughter wear watershoes. They have the thick bottoms, and light enough she can actually kick to swim. It may be something to look in to for yours.

They come in nice colors and available at most department stores.

I haven't heard about the glass (would make sense), but I do know there is coral and whatnot.

As a rule, I make my daughter wear watershoes. They have the thick bottoms, and light enough she can actually kick to swim. It may be something to look in to for yours.

They come in nice colors and available at most department stores.

Have sandwiches.

But they would have to watch playing in the sand as well. Hoping the problem has been fixed. Thanks .

Have sandwiches.

But they would have to watch playing in the sand as well. Hoping the problem has been fixed. Thanks .

Go to Bermuda attractions. Type in Snorkel Park Beach. At the bottom of page are reviews. That is where I found out about the glass.

I went to snorkel Beach during the first week of last November. It basically was closed for the season except for the swimming beach and bar. No admission was charged, so I do not know how much a normal admission would be. I did go barefoot into the water without much problem except for small rocks, but no glass was noticed in the water or on the sandy beach.

I have read that entry is $5.00. The children that I noticed at the beach were having a nice time digging in the sand. FYI- we are going back in May, but may venture to Horseshoe Beach for a quick visit if we have time.

I went to snorkel Beach during the first week of last November. It basically was closed for the season except for the swimming beach and bar. No admission was charged, so I do not know how much a normal admission would be. I did go barefoot into the water without much problem except for small rocks, but no glass was noticed in the water or on the sandy beach.

I have read that entry is $5.00. The children that I noticed at the beach were having a nice time digging in the sand. FYI- we are going back in May, but may venture to Horseshoe Beach for a quick visit if we have time.

Thank you. I am hoping that they have cleaned up the glass as it would be a great last day in port for the kids to play in the water and sand.

• 1 month later...

My son cut his foot really deep( used butterflies) on our first day in Bermuda 2 years ago. Snorkel Park is a manmade beach, it is very rocky and that is what my son cut is foot on. There is sand but as soon as you get in the water very rough and rocky. The paddle boats are great to go out on as you can see lots of fish and underwater plants and a cannon or two. Never saw any broken glass, we will go back to Snorkel Park this year but wearing shoes and not going on Sunday ( they charge double for that day).

If this is true, I am wondering why they allowed breakable glass containers on the beach in the first place. Not a conscientious decision on the part of the planners considering it's known to be a very popular spot for cruisers with little ones. I'm assuming that the glass didn't come from "official" beach parties, off season trespassers maybe? If it is true I hope they get that mess cleaned up so that families can enjoy the beach without worrying about their childrens safety. It is known to be rocky so beach shoes are a good idea.

Lorie

Edited by galensgrl

On ou very first cruise to Bermuda, we avoided snorkel park entirely. There are prettier, cleaner beaches. I'm no expert, but we took a 3 hour cab tour with a nice local fellow who is, and he said Snorkle Park is a "dump". If you can't get to any other beach, I suppose it is ok, but I highly recommend Horseshoe Beach.

I think we paid $20 for 1/2 hour for a 4 person boat. They don't really monitor the time, you pay your 20$ go do your stuff and put the boat back. They did include life jackets for the little one for us. We don't snorkel and we were really happy to see all the fish and plants without snorkeling. Yes, Snorkel Park is a manmade beach and not beautiful like Horseshoe bay. If you have little ones they will like snorkel park. We walked there from the cruise ship and you can easily walk back for a rest or food. On Sundays they charge more because they have live music. Horseshoe bay has rough big waves, but there are some cove areas where the water is not so rough. We are cruising to Bermuda again this year we are going back to Snorkel Park and Horseshoe bay and I haven't decided the third beach

My choice would be:

Jobsons Cove - Bermuda

http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_00000c.htm

Jobsons Cove with its picture-perfect beach, pink sands, gentle waves and calm waters gives the feel of a serene hideaway.

I wish we had more time. And getting around the island is time consuming. So beautiful. Can't wait.:)

Definitely a long way but so much nicer than Snorkel Park if calm water is what they were asking about

Jobson's Cove has shallow, calm water and is right in South Shore Park between Horseshoe Bay and Warwick Long Bay...much closer to Dockyard than either Shelley Bay or Clearwater Beach.