Smuggler's Cove... GETTING THERE AND BACK?

Rufus1129

This definitely seems like the place I want to go in Tortola, but if you get a cab from the cruise port, how on earth do you call for one to come back to get you? I don't expect to have cell service, and apparently there is nothing in the way of restaurants/bars/stores etc... so how can I get a ride back?? Is it really as isolated as it sounds??

Thank you for your help! :)

There are villas within walking distance, and you can walk back to the Long Bay Resort if absolutely necessary. But Unless you want to rent a car I'd make arrangements with a driver at the dock to return at a specific time and not pay until the return. If enough time in port renting a car would make it a nice drive there and back. It's flat all the way until you get th Mount Zion Rd and that's not a bad hill. And when you hit Belmont it's not paved for a bit but again not a problem to drive. The ground clearance iPod a Jeep can be helpful.

we took a cab to brewers bay and the driver didn't even ask for the fare. he asked what time we would like to be picked up and was waiting there at the designated time to return us. i paid him for both legs when we got back to the port. for someone from the united states this was very different than what i am used to.

The drivers are very good there and will offer that, especially with SC because it is a little out of the way. Some drivers don't like going there because of the last 1/2 mile of unpaved, rocky road, but you will find a driver that is accommodating.

Drivers on Virgin Gorda are also very accommodating when we hit different spots there on a day trip, they enjoy the business as well of course.