Dunedin - Transport from Port Chambers to Dunedin

Hi there

We are on the Norwegian Jewel in January with one day in Dunedin on 11th January.

Have seen companies offering transport into Dunedin. Would we need to pre-book or would there be ample transportation available on the day?

Many thanks for assistance.

I'll be in Dunedin in February 2018 on the Azamara Journey. I and fellow passengers booked a private excursion with 4 Nature Tours. Joanne Harrison is very responsive. If you contact her (at4nature@xtra.co.nz), feel free to tell that Pam S provided her name. She is also going to provide a post-cruise land tour of the south island for me.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi there

We are on the Norwegian Jewel in January with one day in Dunedin on 11th January.

Have seen companies offering transport into Dunedin. Would we need to pre-book or would there be ample transportation available on the day?

We are on the same NCL Jewel cruise, but I haven't seen you post on the roll call for it. The HOHO bus picks up from Port Chalmers as well as the ship providing a shuttle for a fee. Other tours have also been organised, but you may have booked the nature excursion by now.

• 5 weeks later...
Hi there

Most ships will run a shuttle bus in with an average price of $35 return . We always use Good Company tours as they are a lot cheaper than the cruise ships and very reliable . They offer a shuttle service into Dunedin with free time in Dunedin and a 2hr sight seeing tour before they bring you back to the ship for NZ$40.

As well as a lot of other great tours

https://www.goodcompanytours.co.nz/cruise-ship-shore#Section58da7200b210292d168181fd