Brilliance Vs. Radiance

SailinC2C

We have sailed on Radiance and loved this ship. I know Brilliance is a Radiance class ship but can someone tell me if Brilliance is as nice as Radiance? Does it have pool tables like Radiance? Any special features of Brilliance we should know about?

Except for decor, it should be almost identical. Yes, Brilliance has the pool tables. The Seaview Cafe does have a different menu, tho....Italian...pizzas (much better than elsewhere on the ship), paninis, salads, pasta....very nice!

We have sailed on Radiance and loved this ship. I know Brilliance is a Radiance class ship but can someone tell me if Brilliance is as nice as Radiance? Does it have pool tables like Radiance? Any special features of Brilliance we should know about?

Radiance of the Seas was newly enhanced as of June 2011 and had many new additions and some eliminations.......namely the SeaView Cafe. The new additions on Radiance you will not find on Brilliance.

Brilliance does not have what Radiance currently has even though they are sister ships. Cabin layout, MDR, WJ, self-leveling pool tables are the same on both ships.

Except for decor, it should be almost identical. Yes, Brilliance has the pool tables. The Seaview Cafe does have a different menu, tho....Italian...pizzas (much better than elsewhere on the ship), paninis, salads, pasta....very nice!

Since Radiance came out of dry dock they are not identical any more. Radiance does not have the SeaView Cafe.

Radiance had a number of enhancements when it went into drydock last year so it and the Brilliance are, for the time being at least, not as similar as they were in the past. A number of restaurants were added, the Sports Bar was converted into a pub, Samba Grill replaced the Seaview Cafe, and a large movie screen was installed on the pool deck. A Diamond Lounge was added and the concierge lounge was moved to Deck 13 and a two bedroom family suite was built in the CL's previous location. I believe that flat screen TVs replaced the old TVs in every stateroom. At some point most or all of these changes will be made to the other Radiance class ships but at the present time, Radiance is unique.:)

Dining Options on Radiance

•Main Dining Room with complimentary, multi-course dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner

NEW

Complimentary Park Café

NEW

Complimentary Boardwalk Doghouse for custom hot dogs

•More complimentary options including the Windjammer Café, and room service*

NEW

Izumi Asian-fusion cuisine, featuring a la carte sushi selections.

•Specialty restaurants, listed below, where for one low cover charge you can choose any items off the menu from appetizer to dessert*

NEW

Giovanni's Table Italian restaurant

NEW

Samba Grill Brazilian Steakhouse

NEW

Rita's Cantina for Mexican-fare favorites

NEW

Chef's Table intimate dining experience

NEW

Radiance Dining Package, at $70 per guest, includes Chops Grille steakhouse, Giovanni's Table Italian Trattoria, Izumi Asian Cuisine and Samba Grill Brazilian steakhouse

NEW

Chef's Dining Package, at $120 per guest, includes Chops Grille, Giovanni's Table, Izumi, Samba Grill and the five-course, gourmet Chef's Table and wine pairing

Dining options on Brilliance

•Main Dining Room with complimentary, multi-course dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner

•More complimentary options including the Windjammer Café, pizzeria, Seaview Café with sandwiches, soups, and snacks, and room service*

•Specialty restaurants Chops Grille steakhouse and Portofino Italian restaurant, where for one low cover charge you can choose any items off the menu from appetizer to dessert*

•Café Latté-tudes, a specialty coffee house

Jimbo:)

I remember the Sea View cafe now. so few people knew about it. It was always a great place for lunch. If it's still on Brilliance then I'm sure we will be using it!

I'm eyeing up a cruise next January on Brilliance as I would like to sail on her before she gets all the Royal Advantage stuff. Sailed on the Serenade and really like the layout of the ship and simply, just the way she was.

Great info Jimbo. Thanks. It soulnds like they have really changed some things on Radiance. Does the Park cafe have the fabulous roast beef sandwiches?

Yes, they do, but when we did our 51 days on board.........I didn't think they were that fabulous. But that's just my opinion. If it wasn't for the wonderful bags of Chips/Doritos that they now have, we would never have gone there.

Yes, they do, but when we did our 51 days on board.........I didn't think they were that fabulous. But that's just my opinion. If it wasn't for the wonderful bags of Chips/Doritos that they now have, we would never have gone there.

Don't forget the shower curtain versus shower doors? Never been on Brilliance but maybe they have doors?

Yes, we just got off the Allure and their Park Cafe is so much bigger and with more selection. We ate there many times but none on our 63 days on Radiance. We took a salad to the WJ once to eat it there. Potato Chips were good though:D

Too bad Radiance put the Cafe in a place without enough space and too warm to eat in with few places to sit......

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived