8th visit to Noumea - want to visit something new!

We have been to Noumea 11 times now and wouldn't get off the ship. It is a very expensive place and we have found some of the locals rude and unhelpful.

I guess it really depends person to person. With most South Pacific cruises now visiting Noumea, there really are some great things to see and do by getting away from ththe cruise ship terminal area.

My upcoming cruise will be my ninth time to Noumea and I'm really look forward to heading back to a patisserie for morning tea and a visit to the aquarium. I've been to both these places in Noumea twice before but I've really enjoyed these places, and what the heck - if the ship is docking there, I may as well get off for a few hours :)

• 2 months later...

We just hired a car and did a bit of random exploring fot approx AU$70 - it was a bit of an adventure for us ozzies driving a LHD. We ended up seeing a lot of the town, hanging out in Lemon Bay and visiting the aquarium.

Hey guys,

Will be visiting Noumea for the eighth time this month and looking for something new to see / do!

I actually love Noumea as a port, I've found getting out of where the ship docks they key.

I've visited Amadee Island, Duck Island, Lemon bay and neighbouring restaurants, Tjibaou Cultural Centre, Aquarium, and the general city tours etc.

Any suggestions is something new to see or do?

Thank you!

Actually after 8/9 visits ,you should be giving us advice :):)

Edited by mrs and mrs
crazy spelling must be the shiraz

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Actually after 8/9 visits ,you should be giving us advice :):)

Haha I've actually created a port summary post with all my recommendations for Noumea. Had posted here as I was looking for something new and different to try.

I think I've covered most of the main sightseeing that interests me so my next visit will most likely just be a lunch visit to Noumea.

Haha I've actually created a port summary post with all my recommendations for Noumea. Had posted here as I was looking for something new and different to try.

I think I've covered most of the main sightseeing that interests me so my next visit will most likely just be a lunch visit to Noumea.

Don't know if you have done this one, but we are doing our first cruise next March and our TA recommended a kayaking tour on the river when we get to Noumea.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have been to Noumea 11 times now and wouldn't get off the ship. It is a very expensive place and we have found some of the locals rude and unhelpful.

Crikey Fletch, why go on a cruise to the same place 11 times and not get off to do some tours? I thought you were an adventurer old son.

We go on cruises for the shipboard life but also to see the exciting places. Never fail to get off the shop for a shorex or look around.

Edited by NSWP

Don't know if you have done this one, but we are doing our first cruise next March and our TA recommended a kayaking tour on the river when we get to Noumea.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did this tour about 10 years ago. Great day out :cool: