Freedom of the Seas - Cabin 1700

I just booked on Freedom of the Seas for late 2010 and Aft Cabin 1700 was available. Any feedback on this cabin? We have always stayed toward the center of the ship and I'm a bit concerned about how much motion we will feel in this cabin. I've heard the balcony is wonderful. Any feedback is appreciated. :)

I just booked on Freedom of the Seas for late 2010 and Aft Cabin 1700 was available. Any feedback on this cabin? We have always stayed toward the center of the ship and I'm a bit concerned about how much motion we will feel in this cabin. I've heard the balcony is wonderful. Any feedback is appreciated. :)

The balcony is very large, and wonderful, but it's more than that.

This cabin is classed as a D1, so you pay that cruisefare, but the layout of the cabin makes it close to a JS in size, without the price. You don't get the tub or the walk-in closet, or the two cruise credits, but you get a much larger and more comfortable space.

It is also quite private back in that corner - you don't get "street traffic" of people just walking by.

You should truly enjoy your cruise in Cabin 1700!

We had 1700 on the Indy. Lovely cabin. Wanted it for this year but was gone so we have got 1402 instead, which is still a great cabin (balcony still big) but not the size of 1700.

As for motion. My husband was really worried about sea sickness and was absolutely fine. I bought every remedy under the sun and and sea bands and he didnt need anything. And we sailed through the Bay of Biscay!!

Well done in getting a great cabin. :)

• 5 months later...

We've sailed in Mariner's equivalent of this room, and it is WONDERFUL. I imagine Freedom would be just as good.

No, we never heard a peep from the Windjammer above.

We never heard a person walking by our room -- not at all.

The balcony was huge and we used it quite a bit.

This room is absolutely the best bang for the buck!

Archived