Who is booked for an Alaskan Cruise in 2015?

lovetotraveltx

Hey Mike and Cathy,

Hope all is well. We booked the Coral as well for July 2015. We can't wait. We are trying to talk Ron and Marion to doing the cruise with us. We had a blast on the Coral in March. Take care.

Chris and Frank

Chris: Which trip in July...just in case we can maybe swing changing ours. Got to love the Coral! Talk to you soon.

Chris: Which trip in July...just in case we can maybe swing changing ours. Got to love the Coral! Talk to you soon.

That would be awesome. We are doing the land tour starting July 10th and then sailing on the Coral on July 15th.

Hope all is well. Have a great week.

That would be awesome. We are doing the land tour starting July 10th and then sailing on the Coral on July 15th.

Hope all is well. Have a great week.

Bummer...won't happen this time. We really want to get the Kenai Peninsula in, we have friends that live there. will friend Frank on FB and maybe we can hook up on other vacations/trips.

Bummer...won't happen this time. We really want to get the Kenai Peninsula in, we have friends that live there. will friend Frank on FB and maybe we can hook up on other vacations/trips.

Sounds great. Sorry it didn't work out this time. Have a great day

• 2 weeks later...

Hubby and I will be celebrating our 35th anniversary (a couple of years late) :) with a trip to Alaska on RCCL Radiance of the Seas leaving from Vancouver on June 12th. Once we get off the ship in Seward the plan is to do a DIY of interior Alaska that will include Denali.

Can't wait to start the planning now that we have decided on the cruise part. Have been on cruisecritic daily reading trip reports and posts about the various ports of call.

Anybody else going on this cruise?

Edited by merlib

I book way ahead because I like to get first pick of the cabins. I wanted a hump room and was able to get it. Also, the tour I most wanted to do (Anan Creek Bear Tour) only allows 40 permits/day. I wanted to make sure I was able to get this tour by booking it early.

I just booked a cabin this morning on this sailing and was hoping it wasn't too late in the season for Anan Creek. Do you have a confirmation and at what time?

We booked on Feb 18th for July 6th, 2015 Northbound on NCL Sun. Our group grew from 10 cabins to 34 cabins. Lost count of how many people. Probably 80.

Plan to do 3-4 days pre-cruise tours and 3-5 days land in Alaska.

We booked on Feb 18th for July 6th, 2015 Northbound on NCL Sun. Our group grew from 10 cabins to 34 cabins. Lost count of how many people. Probably 80.

Plan to do 3-4 days pre-cruise tours and 3-5 days land in Alaska.

That's our cruise too. And then doing the Southbound. Just a couple.

I am thinking about an Alaska cruise in 2015. I have not decided yet. This will be my first cruise to Alaska as well as my first cruise in 7 years. I am undecided between princess and celebrity. I he cruised with princess but not celebrity.

Hi

We are doing a cruise tour starting with 4 nights on land (2 in Fairbanks and 2 in Denali) then boarding the Radiance of the Seas to cruise southbound for 7 nights.

Very excited. Have never been to Alaska

Noreen

Think we will book this cruise....our first Alaska cruise!:) Looking forward to seeing the glaciers, whales and taking the train ride!

This is funny but.....this is the second time I read your posts and saw that little bug on the screen. Last year we had ants and last week was the first time I saw it.....I panicked and screamed to my husband "We have the ants back again." When I saw it this time I just laughed thinking about my first experience. I had ripped off a piece of paper to smash "the ant" crawling on my computer screen before I realized I was not able to because it was not real. lol

This is going to be our 2nd trip to Alaska! My husband and I are taking our son and his wife for their 10th wedding anniversary! So excited.

Me and my husband are going on our 1st alaskan cruise for our 10th anniversary and birthdays with our Best friends September 2015 leaving San Francisco can't wait hope celebrity infinity is a good ship

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

We're not booked yet, but decided last night we're going to book the Carnival Legend for July 2015. We were hoping to do the Crown Princess, but after crunching the numbers, it was going to be over $1000 more, so we decided to stick with Carnival.

Hey group! We booked May 30 on the Star Princess Northbound Van-Whit. We plan to do some sort of dyi land tour afterwards, but am stuck on what to do. We have two kids who will be 10 & 8 next year. So excited!!!

We're not booked yet, but decided last night we're going to book the Carnival Legend for July 2015. We were hoping to do the Crown Princess, but after crunching the numbers, it was going to be over $1000 more, so we decided to stick with Carnival.

Too bad it didn't work out for you. I am assuming that you are looking at balcony pricing - since the other categories are pretty close. Keep in mind that Princess and HAL always start higher and later will be the same price or maybe lower. The Crown is a big ship and they have lots of cabins to fill. Balcony cabins can be tricky though and there is no guarantee that the price will come down enough for you later. Sometimes it is helpful to track pricing for the current year to give you an idea of what to could see next year.

No matter what you're going to Alaska :D

Too bad it didn't work out for you. I am assuming that you are looking at balcony pricing - since the other categories are pretty close. Keep in mind that Princess and HAL always start higher and later will be the same price or maybe lower. The Crown is a big ship and they have lots of cabins to fill. Balcony cabins can be tricky though and there is no guarantee that the price will come down enough for you later. Sometimes it is helpful to track pricing for the current year to give you an idea of what to could see next year.

No matter what you're going to Alaska :D

When do the prices normally start to drop?