Bob Marley Tour- Recommendations?

LuVermont

We will be visiting Jamaica in July '05. We were there last year and did the Falls, Wassi Pottery, Fern Gully, etc. We (me, my husband and two teen sons) were interested in visiting Bob Marley's birth place. Any recommedation of a tour guide? Is this a worthwhile tour? Any advice would be great!

Thanks

We took the Orville Taylor tour, neither of us knew anything about Bob Marley before this tour. Since we were treated to Bob's music and stories about his life during the entire 6-hour duration of the trip, we now have a fairly good understanding of the man and his music. Bob Marley died of cancer in 1981 at the age of 36. In his short life he became the most important musician of the latter half of the 20th century. Orville will get you there and he is very cheap.

email:orvilletay@yahoo.com

Thanks for the replies. We have emailed Orville Taylor for info. We also visited RC Cruise Line's excursion site and the Bob Marley Tour they offer is not available to anyone under 18 years old "due to cultural content". Our two sons (13 and 15) will be with us. Does anyone know why RC would not allow teens? Would a tour to this site be innappropriate? Thanks for your advice.

Rastafarian culture does involve the open use of marijuana. In Jamaaica and in the US the use of marijuana is illegal. The essence of the tour explores the philosopy, life and music of Bob Marley. Since marijuana use was also an aspect of that life some may feel it is inappropriate for those under 18.

In years long ago the Mormons openly married more than one wife (Polygamy) which is against the law. I still listen to the mormon Tabernacle Choir.

• 4 years later...
Is marijuana a part of the Bob Marley Tour?

As soon as you get through the gates there will be a number of people offering you to purchase marijuana. I got the impression that smoking a joint and going on a tour of the grounds is almost "encouraged."

Archived