Miami hotels with airport and cruise port transportation?

hockeygirl14

Do these exist?If not, what would be a good hotel in the area, something like a Marriott or even a Holiday Inn. We are cruising in February and are looking for a hotel close to POM, preferably with shuttle service to both. I looked around but haven't had much luck. The Holiday Inn POM and other hotels around seem pretty booked so we were looking at Miami beach. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Some of the airport hotels have a shuttle from the airport & a fee based shuttle to the POM

A taxi to the downtown area should be about $25 & $10-15 to the port

Or there is the metromover from the airport

Check some of the other threads ..lots on info on getting to/from the port

Almost no downtown and Miami Beach hotels offer airport or port shuttels :(, but taxis are cheap. ;)

Taxi from MIA to most downtown Miami hotels will run about $26+ and another $10-12 cab ride will get you to POM in the morning. In downtown Miami check the Hyatt, Intercontinental, Hampton Inn (Mary Brickel), and the Marriott and next dooe Doubletree Biscayne Bay.

There are some budget motels near MIA - the La Quinta East is the most often suggested on these boards; it includes both free airport and POM shuttles. Better airport hotels include the MIA Embassy Suites, and in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA the Homewood Suites and Hampton Inn. If a shuttle is not included a taxi will cost $26-28+ or you can shuttle for $10-12 per person.

Feb is prime tourist season - you are not the only one heading south for the winter. :rolleyes: Book something now that you can live with and then keep shopping. ;) Good luck! :)

Just booked Hilton Garden Inn at Miami airport, they do a shuttle from the airport to the hotel, free of charge. They have just emailed me to say that they also do a shuttle from the hotel in the morning to the Port of Miami, at 11am, 12pm and 1pm the price is 15 dollars per person. You decide which of the three you require when you check in the previous night.

they also do a shuttle from the hotel in the morning to the Port of Miami, at 11am, 12pm and 1pm the price is 15 dollars per person. You decide which of the three you require when you check in the previous night.

Or for $30 you can grab a cab and leave when you want! :)

I know the Comfort Suites north Miami airport offers both airport and port shuttles and has a good rating on line, but I haven't stayed there myself and don't know if there's a charge. I was going to stay there, but decided on a little more luxury downtown at the Intercontinental.

I know the Comfort Suites north Miami airport offers both airport and port shuttles and has a good rating on line, but I haven't stayed there myself and don't know if there's a charge. I was going to stay there, but decided on a little more luxury downtown at the Intercontinental.

I am staying here as well - just booked! I understand there is not an additional charge - the room rate is slightly higher (140 including tax) than their other rates, but only by $20 or so. With the included bottle of wine and four shuttles it is a bargain!

I am staying here as well - just booked! I understand there is not an additional charge - the room rate is slightly higher (140 including tax) than their other rates, but only by $20 or so. With the included bottle of wine and four shuttles it is a bargain!

We booked here in April pre-cruise. Got a $102 rate AAA. What is this about a bottle of wine? I did see their shuttles don't start until 12 pm somewhere though. We will have a rental car and are planning to return it the morning of the cruise and take the rental car shuttle to port.

We booked here in April pre-cruise. Got a $102 rate AAA. What is this about a bottle of wine? I did see their shuttles don't start until 12 pm somewhere though. We will have a rental car and are planning to return it the morning of the cruise and take the rental car shuttle to port.

I saw a review that said 10 am. No matter for me as I don't want to fight the early crowds! I just want to walk into my room and drop my carryons and not pay for faster to the fun!

Thanks everyone!! We have booked at the Best Western on the bay in north Miami beach. It offers transportation from the airport to the hotel...and I think we'll probably get cabs on the way to the port. We are in Miami for 2 days before so we want to be able to enjoy the city away from the airport ;)

Thanks for all of the great suggestions !!

Glad that you found something that works for you! :)

Your original post did not mention that you were planning to stay for 2 days prior to sailing -- I would not suggest that anyone stay near MIA or even downtown for two days when there are so many superior options close to or on the beach. Good luck!

When I cruised out of Miami we stayed at the Sleep inn, it was a nice affordable hotel nothing super fancy. Clean there are a few areas to eat within walking distance. Some people say its a sketch area its not too bad though ive seen worse. I think shuttle to the cruise was 10$ a person.. I actually sorta miss that place now they we always cruise out of Fort laud..

Another postive is there is a IHOP close by :)

I just booked the Comfort Suites Miami Airport for our Nov. 10th NCL cruise on the phone. The AAA rate is $134 and the internet rate on their web site is $154 including the bottle of wine. Both have hot breakfast, shuttle from the airport and shuttle to the port. We just stayed at La Quinta Airport East for our cruise last week. You cannot walk to anything but Bennigan's which is pretty awful and planes taking off every two minutes from the airport emit ear shattering noise. (though the hotel is very clean, staff friendly though dated)

Glad that you found something that works for you! :)

Your original post did not mention that you were planning to stay for 2 days prior to sailing -- I would not suggest that anyone stay near MIA or even downtown for two days when there are so many superior options close to or on the beach. Good luck!

Hi JohninDC,

It appears you have some really good info and so I was hoping to pick your brain a little this morning if I could. Our daughter is getting married in June and she & hubby to be will be taking their first cruise then. I booked flights into FLL the night before the cruise but don't know my way around enough to pick a hotel. Any hotel recommendations you can give me would be very helpful. I'm not real keen on two, inexperienced travelers finding their way around Miami.

Do I book hotel in MIA or FLL?

Taxi or shuttle or pvt. car to POM?

Congratulations! I would suggest that they stay near FLL for the night and then use a shuttle or limo to get to POM.

Hotels in the FLL area are generally cheaper than comparable hotels in Miami - Some of CC members favorites in a variety of price ranges:

Sleep Inn Dania

Cambria Suites Dania

Hyatt Place FLL north and south

Hampton Inn (2 airport area locations)

Embassy Suites (free happy hour! :D)

Holiday Inn Express convention center

La Quinta Airport

Hilton 17th Street

Bahia Mar

Hyatt Pier 66

For honeymooners, unless they are on a tight budget or arriving late at night, I would suggest the Embassy Suites or Pier 66.

For transportation, your options are

- A taxi will run $85+ :eek: for the 40+ minute trip

- QLS transportation (www.qualitylimoservice.com ), SAS (www.ridesas.com) and Go Airport Shuttle (http://goairportshuttle.com/) are FLL based shuttle services with prices starting at about $15+ per person.

- Larry's Limos has been suggested on these boards for Miami service - probably comparable to taxi fares, but hopefully a much nicer ride.

Good luck! :)

Thanks everyone!! We have booked at the Best Western on the bay in north Miami beach. It offers transportation from the airport to the hotel...and I think we'll probably get cabs on the way to the port. We are in Miami for 2 days before so we want to be able to enjoy the city away from the airport ;)

Thanks for all of the great suggestions !!

The Best Western is eight or nine miles north of the city. It is also about nine miles north of South Beach and Lincoln Road.

Hi JohninDC,

It appears you have some really good info and so I was hoping to pick your brain a little this morning if I could. Our daughter is getting married in June and she & hubby to be will be taking their first cruise then. I booked flights into FLL the night before the cruise but don't know my way around enough to pick a hotel. Any hotel recommendations you can give me would be very helpful. I'm not real keen on two, inexperienced travelers finding their way around Miami.

Do I book hotel in MIA or FLL?

Taxi or shuttle or pvt. car to POM?

If they stay in FLL I recommend Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center 1851 SE 10th Ave (Harbor Shops Drive West), it's an easy walk to a supermarket, several resturants, etc. I walked there the morning of my cruise to buy wine, water, and sodas. They have a free shuttle from the airport, a simple buffet breakfast, and a shuttle to the pier for $10.00 per person but I took a taxis which cost $12.00 - $15.00 + tip.

If they stay in FLL I recommend Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center ... and a shuttle to the pier for $10.00 per person ...

Hyatt is another good option, but the hotel shuttle to the pier will not help these honeymooners who are cruising from POM. :)

Hyatt is another good option, but the hotel shuttle to the pier will not help these honeymooners who are cruising from POM. :)

Thanks for the catch... In that case try this; I got the cost from an official Broward County website but no longer have the URL.

FLL to Port of Miami

Taxi Cab - $67.00

Shared Ride - $21.00

Luxury Sedan - $70.00

http://www.go-airportshuttle.com/

We stayed at intercontinental Doral Miami the night before our recent princess cruise. It was fab, really lovely and a reasonably priced restaurant too, with a good wine list! However I don't know about shuttles as ours was arranged through princess though I do know they love cruisers!

Archived