Caribbean Dive sites and excursions

rogzog

Hi there

I'm new to this site and am struggling with it! I can't access my previous message at all - don't know if others can view it?

Anyway the gist is - does anybody know which dive sites the Caribbean cruises access (Windward & Grenadine routes)?

Also, any reviews of excursions on those routes? I've tried searching the forum with keyword "Caribbean" but it doesn't work.

Thanks for any help

R

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I did the Grenadines route and only did one dive in Martinique which was very nice. I took part in the nutmeg excursion in Grenada which was very interesting. Then also did the "abseiling" in St Lucia which was good fun. Then from Bequia I took part in the speedboat tour to Mustique to see the houses of the rich and famous. If you are into that like me then you'll love it. The beach ther was the best, too! However, I would only do an organised tour again if you cannot do it on your own, e.g. like boat ride to Mustique. I think taxis are easily available on the mainland and cheaper overall. Did that in St Vincent to get to the original movie set of Pirates of the Caribbean. Don't forget to set a price first thing! Overall, if you have the morning e.g. in Fort de France, then the afternoon would be on the beach so there's no real reason to go bush on every island, I think. But the tours are thoroughly organised if you do them.

When will you go on the Royal Clipper?

All the best,

Vic

• 4 weeks later...

HI Victoria

Thanks for your reply, though we are actually back from our cruise now! Hopefully your answer will be helpful to others. In the end we didn't do any organised excursions but did about 75% of the dive sites so can comment on those if anybody wishes.

Thanks again

R

• 4 months later...

All -

We've booked Nov 22 and are avid scuba divers. We asked many questions of our booking agent and even called the US # to get more scuba info. They were less than helpful and gave contradictory info from what the printed brochure they e-mailed me. I would love to hear scuba advice from others who have gone to the Caribbean and dove.

Should we bring our own gear? Where did you store it? How were the dives? Were they worth the time/trouble? How were the dive masters? Nitrox available? How many dives available per day? Were you able to dive and visit the island on each stop?

Any information would be appreciated!!!!

We are doing the southern route.... if that helps.

We are looking forward to any advice.

THANKS!

Archived