Tipping Question

ScriptOhio

Can anyone tell me what Star Clipper's recommend tipping amount is; and if they automatically add it to your cabin bill?

thanks

The following were taken from other reviews/information on this site:

"Star Clipper's gratuities policy is to suggest 8 euros per passenger per day (5 euros for the waiters and 3 euros for the cabin steward). At the time I sailed 8 euros equaled approximately 10 U.S. dollars. Guests may tip in cash or charge to their onboard accounts. Tipping is an immensely personal decision, and though I have been on ships with better service in dining room and cabin, my personal take is that it's only a difference of couple of dollars per day between Star Clippers' guidelines and what I would consider a minimum acceptable tip for just adequate service, and I was perfectly comfortable tipping in complete agreement with their guidelines."

"Gratuity

Star Clippers recommends tipping $8 per person per night: $3 for the cabin steward and $5 for the waiter. Guests may either tip with cash or by having the gratuities charged to their shipboard account. For those tipping in cash, envelopes are provided, which can be deposited in a container at the purser's office or, in the case of the cabin steward, delivered personally. Since the restaurant is open seating, and one is likely to have a number of different waiters during the course of the cruise, most guests choose to deposit those gratuities in the purser's container. A gratuity is automatically charged to each drink purchased at the bar."

A 15% gratuity is automatically added to your bar bill. The only thing that I'm not sure about is the US dollars vs. Euros conflict between the two items above.

Enjoy!

Archived