Edie: We enjoyed our first 2 Crystal cruises in 2016 and will definitely be returning. My wife and I are in our 40's and enjoy luxury cruise travel. Crystal was a good fit. However, the Symphony and Serenity are old and very dated buckets -despite being well maintained. These ships are not relevant in 2017 and don't stand a chance against the Regent, Oceania, Silversea and Seabourn ships. I understand the new Crystal ocean ships are now years away for Crystal. What plan does Crystal have to remain competitive in the hotel department (i.e. ships) to compete with the likes of the competition? I've got to tell you Regent and Oceania have gorgeous ships and dining that blows Crystal out of the water. Crystal has an advantage when it comes to profiling guests and service. Lastly, high speed internet IS available and now being used by RCCL, Celebrity, Azamara, NCL, Regent, and Oceania. In fact other luxury lines don't nickel and dime guests for their high speed internet. High speed internet on a ship is fantastic! Certainly, I would prefer not having to send emails and be on the internet while on vacation, but the reality of life in 2017 is that communications is essential and expected. Why has Crystal been so slow to adopt new onboard wifi technology? Isn't it silly and against the all-inclusive concept for Crystal to charge it's guests for wifi when competing lines now include unlimited wifi? Thanks in advance for your reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Californiacruiseluvrs,

My thanks to you and your wife for being loyal Crystal guests, and I look forward to seeing you on board soon.

We will be announcing more details on the revitalization of Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity. The creatively-designed enhancements to the ships along with our award-winning luxury service, Michelin-inspired cuisine, onboard amenities, and entertainment will further elevate the guest experience.

As you may recall, a year ago we expanded our complimentary internet service to all guests by extending one free hour per guest, per day for Deluxe Stateroom and Penthouse guests, and 90 minutes for the Penthouse Suite. This has been well received by many guests who have to balance the demands of staying in communication and unplugged while on vacation. Based on the current feedback and guest-friendly internet packages, there are no plans to include unlimited Wi-Fi.

In terms of our Wi-Fi capabilities, in recent months we’ve increased our vSat bandwidth availability to improve performance and meet the connectivity and mobility demands of today’s luxury traveler. Both of our vessels are equipped with an architecture that provides pervasive connectivity to wireless services such as streaming video, online newspapers, and internet access.