LMT confusion

willise

Hi there,

I am trying to research prices for a hotel for two nights prior to our cruise from Miami on Feb 9, 2013. I have read many posts about LMT and tried searching for the Intercontinental hotel on Chopin, but I always get a "no hotels match your search" message. Is there a trick to looking for hotels on this site?:D

Otherwise, we are looking at the Blue Lagoon area. Prices in Miami are outrageously high during February - high season I guess.

Thanks!!

You really can't search for hotels by name because "most" aren't listed under a name. They're catch is the hotel prices are so low they can't advertise the name and won't confirm it until after you book. Most of the time some rudimentary detective work is needed. I've heard that if you find a hotel you like and call the 800 number they will (1) tell you the name of the hotel prior to ordering and (2) will offer a better price than what is listed online.

I did a search for your days and I can confirm that the IC is not currently offered during those nights. You are looking a little early so i would give it some time.

You're also looking way early for a "last minute" deal. If you are anxious, find something that you can cancel later and then shop for better pricing closer to the date.

Feb of course is going to be high. So you have time to adjust your budget to the area/hotel you want to stay. ;) Rooms at the nicer popular hotels, over the last couple years haven't been offered at the discount rates of the past in the winter months.

I just booked on LMT for IC in Oct. When I called they gave my an extra $20 off (from $140 to $120) and confirmed that it was the IC before I booked. ended up getting it $100 cheaper than travelocity. Good luck!

The Intercontinental comes up as the first hotel listed, the price is $141 per night. To be sure it is the IC, you can click on Photos, right click on a picture, click on Save Picture As, the name of the photo file will come up, if it is the Intercontinental it will say IC Miami. Call the number on the web site, I also booked this yesterday for Oct. and I got it for $120. They confirmed it was the IC before I booked it.

If you book in LMT can you cancel without a fee? We are looking for a hotel in February also and it looks like the Courtyard Miami downtown is a good price just wasnt sure if once you book if you can cancel or not.

If you book in LMT can you cancel without a fee? We are looking for a hotel in February also and it looks like the Courtyard Miami downtown is a good price just wasnt sure if once you book if you can cancel or not.

There may be a fee if you cancel with LMT so be sure you are OK with the price before booking.

Cancellation Policy

Hotel cancellations or changes made 3 day/s prior to check in time (Noon local hotel time), will be subject to 1 night/s fee

Hotel cancellations or changes made 1 day/s prior to check in time (Noon local hotel time), will be subject to a full fare fee

No-show is subjected to a full fare fee

When I tried to cancel on LMT I was told there is a fee of $25. This was about 6 weeks ahead. However others have reported cancelling with no fee.

we got the westin diplomat in hollywood beach 1 year in advance on hotwire last feb for $104.00 a night. so far i haven't seen it for next years cruise and i am waiting patiently :rolleyes:

Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like your cruise for next year leaves from Miami, and the Westin is in Ft Lauderdale.

When I tried to cancel on LMT I was told there is a fee of $25. This was about 6 weeks ahead. However others have reported cancelling with no fee.

It may depend on the hotel cancellation policy as well.

I just called and canceled my InterContinental stay in August for no charge and received a confirmation email while I was still on the phone with the rep. I then called back to re-book the same room as the price had dropped $15 since we booked it and the 800 rep gave me an additional $15 off.

It may depend on the hotel cancellation policy as well.

I just called and canceled my InterContinental stay in August for no charge and received a confirmation email while I was still on the phone with the rep. I then called back to re-book the same room as the price had dropped $15 since we booked it and the 800 rep gave me an additional $15 off.

I don't know what was going on when I tried to cancel. I had a reservation at the Hyatt in Miami with LMT and then a few days later they had the same Hyatt with breakfast included for the same price. I called and explained that I wanted to cancel and then rebook the same hotel with breakfast and was told it would be $25 cancel fee.

I ended up just keeping my original reservation as the $25 charge would cover breakfast anyway.

I don't know what was going on when I tried to cancel. I had a reservation at the Hyatt in Miami with LMT and then a few days later they had the same Hyatt with breakfast included for the same price. I called and explained that I wanted to cancel and then rebook the same hotel with breakfast and was told it would be $25 cancel fee.

I ended up just keeping my original reservation as the $25 charge would cover breakfast anyway.

That's strange! I called twice, once to cancel and another to re-book. My friend who is traveling with called and canceled and re-booked with the same person and he wasn't charged either. She actually gave him a better price than me...only $4 but still! :cool:

This was all done this morning as I was interested by our conversation here. Their cancellation policy that is printed (which I posted above) is a little vague. But outside of 3 days prior there shouldn't be a charge in most instances.

We cancelled a couple times on LMT and never had a charge. Of course it was more than 3 days pre date of stay.

OP, Know that the list of hotels on any of the discount sites can change almost daily. And weeknd date rooms (especially Saturdays) during peak season can get tough to find, let alone at a good price. Reading and comparing what others get in October or dates not exactly to match yours, is kind of a waste of time. Concentrate on the going rate for your given date. Good luck. You never know...

If you see a price for February that you like now, I'd book it. Being that's a super busy month, rates only go up. We have never been charged any fees for cancelling( more than a week in advance.) So you can still keep an eye on things, as you have lots of time.

I booked the IC on LMT (by phone) about 6 weeks ago and was told then that there was no cancellation fee if at least 3 days prior to scheduled arrival date. Our cruise is in December... so by no means "last minute"... so the sites name is a little deceptive as far as I'm concerned! ;)

I got a great rate for the Intercontinental ($139 inclusive of all taxes) and still have the flexibility to cancel if plans change or I find a better deal! Cannot go wrong with that, in my opinion!! :D

I must admit that I wouldn't have had the confidence to navigate the LMT website and find "the" hotel I wanted if it weren't for the wonderful posters on these boards. I've used PriceLine a few times and just "risked" getting a nice hotel in the past... never again!!

I must admit that I wouldn't have had the confidence to navigate the LMT website and find "the" hotel I wanted if it weren't for the wonderful posters on these boards. I've used PriceLine a few times and just "risked" getting a nice hotel in the past... never again!!

When we first looked for a hotel pre-cruise years ago we were going to use Priceline based on the posts on here (like the sticky). But I wasn't really comfortable with the "risk" either. it was on Cruise Critic I learned about EasyClick Travel, which we used the first time, and then for a subsequent cruise learned about LMT. They're sister sites and for our purpose are much better than Priceline. Another of the many benefits of CC! :)

PL can give you the best pricing for sure. However, if time is an issue and someone doesn't do all the research needed to raise their chances of gettting what will make them happy, it definitely is better to use sites like hotwire and lmt where you aren't as "blind" to options. I shy away from PL when not familiar with the area for sure.;)

Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like your cruise for next year leaves from Miami, and the Westin is in Ft Lauderdale.

that is correct, but we are flying into ft lauderdale and would like to stay in that area for 2 days pre-cruise. it's not going to be easy finding a hotel room in the miami area those days because the miami international boat show is that week.

To find the name of the hotel listed when the name is hidden use the below:

http://www.touricoholidays.com/en/PageHotelDetail.aspx?hotelId=917&provider=localTgsProvider

but change the "917" to the hotel ID number used by LMT.

917 is the IC downtown.

I'm a little confused on these instructions. Do I find the hotel ID of the "hidden" hotel on the LMT site, then insert that ID number into the link you provided? I found one, for example

lastminutetravel.com//PageHotelSearchResults.aspx?st=Hotels&cin=2/7/2013&cout=2/9/2013&mod=HotelSearchResults&dst=6634&Provider=18,2,6,24,21,23&hn=&str=0&brnd=&AvailableOnly=False&hpt=0&hptf=0&hpstf=0&rooms=1,2,0,&sbp=False&

(sorry for posting the entire link). Where is the hotel id? Is it 6634?

Thanks!!

I'm a little confused on these instructions. Do I find the hotel ID of the "hidden" hotel on the LMT site, then insert that ID number into the link you provided? I found one, for example

lastminutetravel.com//PageHotelSearchResults.aspx?st=Hotels&cin=2/7/2013&cout=2/9/2013&mod=HotelSearchResults&dst=6634&Provider=18,2,6,24,21,23&hn=&str=0&brnd=&AvailableOnly=False&hpt=0&hptf=0&hpstf=0&rooms=1,2,0,&sbp=False&

(sorry for posting the entire link). Where is the hotel id? Is it 6634?

Thanks!!

That looks like the address with your search parameters.

Try this:

When you find a hotel you like from the results page, you'll see each hotel has three options: Description, Map & Directions, Photos.

Place your cursor over any of those three and don't click on it. On the bottom of your screen you'll see a line pop up that begins with "javascript" and in that line is a number like "917" and that is the hotel code. Plug that number into the link I provided and it will show you what hotel it is.

The Tourico companies all utilize the same hotel codes so really you're searching the main site for the hotel name that is provided on LMT.

It used to be easier when you could click on the undercover hotel and it open up in a new page and you could grab the number from the address bar. Now they open as a pop-up.

I hope I explained it clear enough. let us know how it works out.

Archived