Martinique - Day pass to Club Med?

tandkquinn

Hi All,

My wife and I are on the Jan 2 Noordam sailing, which docks in Martinique on Sunday Jan 8. We understand that most shops, etc. are closed on Sundays there, so are planning to take the ferry to Pointe du Bout hotel/beach area rather to going to St. Anne.

Does anyone know how to go about getting a day pass to the Club Med there, and how much we should expect to pay? Any other advice would also be quite welcomed.

Thanks!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Check our the PORT section here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115

If you don't see what you are looking for there -- start your own thread like you did here.

Thanks. Been a regular lurker here for a long time.

I already did a search of that forum for "Club Med," but only found a handful of hits. Some of them were 7-8 years old. None of them had the specific info that I asked about, and I figured that the HAL crowd would be able to provide perspectives that were most relevant to what my wife and I would most value.

We tried a few years ago and the problem was not getting in it is was the 2 hour drive each way

We stayed there years ago and it was great But the other Americans who where there thought it was too rustic said people where rude and the food was bad

BUT you read that all the time on the forums about European vacation spots and cruise ships

I would love to try Club Med -- a day pass would be a great way to see what it is like. I was in Martinique in 1997 while sailing on the Monarch of the Seas (RCI). I got off the ship by myself and walked around the port area stores. I even checked out McDonald's -- their menu was in French and English. The people I encountered in the shop where I went for gifts (for me and family) were very nice. Since I have a French last name (born in the USA), I introduced myself using my full name. The clerk started to talk to me in French, but I explained I haven't used it in a while -- since high school. She laughed and proceeded to help me. "Let me show you my stuff." I bought a beautiful beach towel with Martinique and some flowers on it, along with many other small gifts. When I got back to the ship, my dining room tablemates said that they felt the French were rude. I disagreed, but didn't add that I let them know I am French. LOL. I believe it is their country and we shouldn't consider them rude if they don't speak English or don't speak it well.

I didn't know the ships were going to Martinique recently. There was a story a few years ago that they pulled out of that port. I am glad they are going back and hope to see it again.

Look at Holland America Caribbean Cruises they go there all the time . It has to be 10 day cruise.

We speak no French but never ran into a problem. We where just at ST Barts

in March only problem was the Euro very costly

Archived