Daily Exercise Thread

Hey pals, post here what you did today to help you record the physical fitness goals you have. Sharing is caring! Maybe this can motivate others to stick with it.

Today I did 35 minutes of mild incline on a treadmill, then some curls and tricep extensions for about 15 minutes...had to be at work early so cut it short.

Did some flat benching, managed to finally throw up 300lbs, which has been a goal for me for a long time, my shoulders are tore up and its real hard to move any significant weight with a barbell..

Cable Crossovers, hammer curls, pec flyes, etc..

No cardio will try to go tonight.

Missed a few days was a hectic weekend.

Managed to rackpull 635 on Saturday morning along with a ton of other back exercises. Heres a pic if anyone cares.

rackliftcopynk7.jpg

Then today did 65 minutes on a treadmill and about 15 minutes in the steam room. Got 6 weeks till my cruise really need to lose 10 more pounds..who doesnt tho right?

I haven't seen this until today or I would have been posting sooner. I just got off my stationary recumbent bike after 45 minutes. I recently joined a gym for the weight machines so I can tone my muscles (especially my weak upper body); the bike is really for the cardio workout. I worked out at the gym yesterday, so I'll be going back tomorrow. I usually try to do the bike for at least 30 minutes 4 -5 times a week.

Odoyal Rulez, you are working hard on your fitness so I'd imagine losing those 10 pounds should be no problem for you. Keep up the good work!

I'm good for 25 to 30 min with the bowflex and 45 min on high incline on the treadmill or if I'm pressed for time Jillian Michaels 20 min shread now thats hard....Today i did'nt work out but i did spend 4 hours power washing the gazbo and pool deck .

Leigh

I did about 30 minutes on the weigh machines and then 35 minutes on the nordic glider thingy (not sure what it is called). I burned 500 calories on the glider!!

Tina in Antioch, CA

NCL Star 10/18/08

First cruise EVER!

ok i did go back last night..did a chest workout..flatbench, dumbell inclines, some flyes no cardio

then this morning i went in and did some leg work...leg extensions, leg presses, stiff legged dead lifts and calf work...goin back tonight try to get in 45 minutes of cardio...if not ill get 30 at least..depends on my girl..when she peters out i call it quits...

shes trying to lose like 20 lbs before this vacation and its not gonna happen (not that she needs to lose weight she still shops in junior section)

i told her id get her down 10 if she eats what i tell her to and exercise with me.

I was too busy to get to this thread last night, so this is for yesterday....I worked out at the gym for an hour. There are about 15 different machines that I rotate through, doing 3 sets of 10 - 12 reps on each. Combined they work a variety of muscles. Then I did 50 minutes on my exercise bike once I was home.

Last night I did 30 minutes on the weight machines and 35 on the nordic glider! Burned another 500 calories on the glider!

I have a cold today though so I may not go to my Zumba class tonight. I have to wait and see how I feel later!

Tina

I just did 30 minutes on my bike. Not much but at least I hit the minimum amount of time. I only did 30 because my husband was waiting for me to finish so we could go to the pool. Now, I hear thunder outside so I guess no pool for us. But...I'm done with the exercise today anyway.

Welcome, RachieLnnn! How long does the program take to get you ready for a 5K? Good luck with it!

I didn't do the cardio yesterday, but I did get in an hour workout on the weights at the gym. Today I rode my stationary bike for 50 minutes. I really get the sweat flowing when I'm riding. I read when I ride so it doesn't seem so monotonous, plus it helps me look forward to riding because I know I will get some uninterrupted reading in which I love.

Thanks for the welcome! The program says it takes 9 weeks and anyone can find it by googling " Couch Potato to 5K." I have to say the first day was pretty easy, but it warns you not to skip ahead too fast and it really will build up your endurance.

I forgot to post that yesterday I also spent some time with handweights doing curls, tricep extensions, etc. as well as some lunges and crunches. I find doing this really helps me lose weight... instead of just cardio alone. Plus, I like the way my arms look! I want to get ready for a very pretty crusie formal dress for November. :)

Hi Odoyal,

Help..I started working out with a bowflex....love how everything is looking....But my triceps on my right arm are really looking good but not so good on the left....How do i fix this...Oh i am working with 35lbs rods and up to 10/12 reps

Thanks

Leigh

For some reason, I have a problem getting to this thread on the day I actually do the exercise....

Yesterday, I did about 50 minutes on the weights at the gym, rode my bike for 40 minutes, and even got in a 20 minute walk with my husband and the dogs. We also hit the pool, but since all I did was float around, I can't count any exercise there. But, boy, did it feel good!

Hi Odoyal,

Help..I started working out with a bowflex....love how everything is looking....But my triceps on my right arm are really looking good but not so good on the left....How do i fix this...Oh i am working with 35lbs rods and up to 10/12 reps

Thanks

Leigh

I've never worked on a Bow Flex, however lagging or un symetrical body parts are extremely common in most people. I have an almost 3/4 inch difference in my biceps, so i feel your pain. I have been told by many people that it takes years of work to get parts to match up, and they do it by constantly working on the lagging part.

FOr instance if your doing curls, they might do a few extra reps with the arm that is lacking growth...or switch to dumbells over barbells to eliminate any compensating your body uses when lifting.

If youre using that bowflex..are their any ways you can use it with just 1 arm at a time? Maybe do a few extra sets with that arm..or some pushups with a block or brick under one hand so your body has to force the other side to do more work...?

Either way good luck on bringng it up..its not easy, just keep working on it.

Thanks Odoyal

I thought thats what you might say...So i added 5 extra reps....and added 15 pushups...not sure if i can do a push on a brick on one side but i will try.....I've just got to get rid of the batwings....been working really hard at getting back in 2 shape...I still have aways to go but i have lost 20lbs and gone down 3 sizes in the months...50 more lbs to go.

But everyday a can really see a diff in my bodys tone.

Leigh

Thanks Odoyal

I thought thats what you might say...So i added 5 extra reps....and added 15 pushups...not sure if i can do a push on a brick on one side but i will try.....I've just got to get rid of the batwings....been working really hard at getting back in 2 shape...I still have aways to go but i have lost 20lbs and gone down 3 sizes in the months...50 more lbs to go.

But everyday a can really see a diff in my bodys tone.

Leigh

Shoot..im trying to get bat wings... (biggerlats) ha ha.

Yesterday did incline dumbell presses, flat dumbell presses, flyes, cable crossovers, hammer curls, reverse curls

Archived