Specific Info re DIY Capri

AJs Grandpa

Sorry, a search hasn't addressed my concern.

We are taking the ferry to Capri from the Naples port. Our primary goal for the day is to see the Blue Grotto. (Yes, I know it is "touristy", but it is something I always wanted to see.). Getting to the top of the island is our second goal. We should arrive on the island around 9am and will leave around 3pm.

Can anyone advise me regarding the best way to accomplish this? I think we get off the ferry from Naoles and go to a nearby area to get the boat to the grotto. Correct?

Also, what is the payment process for the grotto? I know we must take a small boat to get to an even smaller boat to enter the grotto. Do we pay both operators. Or, does one payment cover the whole trip?

Must we return to the Marina Grande to then begin our trek to the top of the mountain (Ana Capri)? If not, what is a better way?

Hope someone can set me straight.

When you get off the ferry on Capri and start walking toward town you'll see the signs on the piers for the boats out to the Blue Grotto. When we did this several years ago we paid twice, once for the boat out there and again, in cash, to the rowboat operators who actually take you into the grotto. I think we were able to pay for the main boat ride with credit cards but I'm not absolutely sure about that. You've got to make the round trip back to Marina Grande.

Once back you can take a bus or a taxi directly to Anacapri, don't waste time with the funicular up to Capri town. Actually, given the limited time you have I would spring for a taxi rather than wait for the bus. It will be expensive (20 Euro) but your time is valuable on a day like this.

You can see the taxi fares here: http://www.capri.net/downloads/taxi_anacapri_tariffe.pdf

Edited by euro cruiser