Paradise beach day pass

c-leg5

Any one done a day pass to this hotel recently?

I understand the vendors are still annoying on the beach front there but do they bother you round the pool? Looking for a relaxing day and have never made it to West Bay on all our visits to Roatan because of the crowds but considering this as an option IF I can at least have some quiet time and I like access to a pool.

So any recent reviews on pool, food and drinks, resort would be welcome! Otherwise we will return to one of our usual locations!

I can offer very little past, the Paradise pool is hidden from the beach, my guess would be no vendors back there are all.

Roatan's beaches are public but there is often discussion about how much sand is public and how much belongs to the individual resorts. I would think if someone is bothering you at the pool, have a chat with one of the staff... they will sort out the trespasser. A waiter at Mayan tossed a guy who was bugging me one day. I was unsure what the guys deal was until the waiter told me is was a known drunk.

I can offer very little past, the Paradise pool is hidden from the beach, my guess would be no vendors back there are all.

Roatan's beaches are public but there is often discussion about how much sand is public and how much belongs to the individual resorts. I would think if someone is bothering you at the pool, have a chat with one of the staff... they will sort out the trespasser. A waiter at Mayan tossed a guy who was bugging me one day. I was unsure what the guys deal was until the waiter told me is was a known drunk.

That's what I would presume with regards property line. I am used to vendors in Mexico but they are not supposed to cross the property line. Reports I have read of Roatan sound like they have become rather intrusive on West Bay and coupled with the lines of loungers I have seen it is not my idea of "paradise" and yet everyone says "you must see West Bay".

None of the places I have visited thus far on Roatan have had vendors and are more conducive to a drink, a book, a view and a pool. I enjoy snorkeling but it is not a "must-do" however I feel I should take advantage of it at least once!

That's what I would presume with regards property line. I am used to vendors in Mexico but they are not supposed to cross the property line. Reports I have read of Roatan sound like they have become rather intrusive on West Bay and coupled with the lines of loungers I have seen it is not my idea of "paradise" and yet everyone says "you must see West Bay".

None of the places I have visited thus far on Roatan have had vendors and are more conducive to a drink, a book, a view and a pool. I enjoy snorkeling but it is not a "must-do" however I feel I should take advantage of it at least once!

If snorkeling is not the goal and you have been happy with other Roatan choices, I don't see any reason to bother with West Bay. Or you could have your driver drop you in West Bay, walk the beach, hop a water taxi to West End where your driver collects you, then be off to one of your quiet spots from the past. This way you have seen West Bay and experienced the water taxi.

out of curiosity, what are your past choices in beach and or pool?

edit ~ oops, it would seem you want to snorkel West Bay.. alrighty then, never mind me.

C-L5,

Another way to take advantage of the time and see more than just the pool at Paradise, but still snorkel, is to flag down (or let them flag you down) one of the small skiffs that prowl the waters. Have them take you out to the Wall up at West End. You'll get to cruise by all the shore places, get in some great snorkeling for an hour or so and then head back to the pool for the rest of your time there.

If snorkeling is not the goal and you have been happy with other Roatan choices, I don't see any reason to bother with West Bay. Or you could have your driver drop you in West Bay, walk the beach, hop a water taxi to West End where your driver collects you, then be off to one of your quiet spots from the past. This way you have seen West Bay and experienced the water taxi.

out of curiosity, what are your past choices in beach and or pool?

edit ~ oops, it would seem you want to snorkel West Bay.. alrighty then, never mind me.

My original intention for this trip was to have a driver for the day and do a "scouting" expedition, (which we do sometimes) to see where we might like to return at a later date. However, Paradise seems to have a promotional rate at the moment, so second guessing! I like the idea of a drive-by of West End and the trip on the water taxi.

Places we have visited earlier (with repeat visits)- Turquoise Bay, Parrot Tree, Club Natalie, Maya Key- all have pools and NO vendors. I know they are not your idea of a perfect beach but really I am good with the sight and sound of the ocean, a pool, a drink in my hand and a good book!

My original intention for this trip was to have a driver for the day and do a "scouting" expedition, (which we do sometimes) to see where we might like to return at a later date. However, Paradise seems to have a promotional rate at the moment, so second guessing! I like the idea of a drive-by of West End and the trip on the water taxi.

Places we have visited earlier (with repeat visits)- Turquoise Bay, Parrot Tree, Club Natalie, Maya Key- all have pools and NO vendors. I know they are not your idea of a perfect beach but really I am good with the sight and sound of the ocean, a pool, a drink in my hand and a good book!

Diversity makes the world go round.. I think it grand you have had a visit to so many of the Roatan resorts. You are right, I prefer snorkeling steps from the beach and so few places on the planet offer such at a price I am willing to pay, Roatan is one of those. Enjoy your holiday!