Norwegian Wind 12/6 - 29/6

Silver Spectre

Fair Winds & Following Seas Mr. And Mrs Silver. When you get time Mr. S, please post who among the ship's leaders will continue for our Wind sailing in July...know HD Daniel is going on vacation. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, talk about a double take!

I honestly thought for a second that Silver Spectre was going on Norwegian cruise lines, on the Norwegian Wind! We were on that ship back in 1994, when it was called the Windward. We did a Caribbean cruise, and Chris and I got engaged on the cruise after I bought her a ring in St. Thomas. So the Norwegian Wind holds some special memories for us, and that explains my reaction to the title of this thread.

So I had to do some research to see where that ship is now. Turns out it was transferred to Star Cruises and is now the SuperStar Aquarius. So no danger that Silver Spectre is on NCL today... :) Sorry for the interruption.

Enjoy your cruise to Norway on the Wind (less ambiguity in that statement), and looking forward to hearing about it! Beautiful shot of the Wind at Tower Bridge. Still one of my favorite sailaways ever.

Wow, talk about a double take!

I honestly thought for a second that Silver Spectre was going on Norwegian cruise lines, on the Norwegian Wind! We were on that ship back in 1994, when it was called the Windward. We did a Caribbean cruise, and Chris and I got engaged on the cruise after I bought her a ring in St. Thomas. So the Norwegian Wind holds some special memories for us, and that explains my reaction to the title of this thread.

So I had to do some research to see where that ship is now. Turns out it was transferred to Star Cruises and is now the SuperStar Aquarius. So no danger that Silver Spectre is on NCL today... :) Sorry for the interruption.

Enjoy your cruise to Norway on the Wind (less ambiguity in that statement), and looking forward to hearing about it! Beautiful shot of the Wind at Tower Bridge. Still one of my favorite sailaways ever.

Ho,ho,ho.

Nice story.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Enjoy SS.

Annoyingly, your return times for me would usually be great as I'm an early starter at 7..... and would have filmed for you, but unfortunately 2 days before, I'll be incapacitated with a minor foot op. So wont be in work - and off to 2 months apparently! Happy days! lol With so many Wind visits - I should have settled on a winter date!

That would be Big Bob!

He's written a book, Cruising Through Life, and has been a CD on NCL.

He has been on Princess too.

Lots of videos on Internet.

Seems enthusiastic!

Edited by spinnaker2

That would be Big Bob!

He's written a book, Cruising Through Life, and has been a CD on NCL.

He has been on Princess too.

Lots of videos on Internet.

Seems enthusiastic!

Slight faux pass from Big Bob during the muster drill, he miss pronounced sit as is don't 's*it' on the rail, cue giggles all round and an apology at the on deck intro later.

Maybe our Trivia team is going to be call 'don't s*it on the rail'

You had me going too as I also thought you were booked on NCL. Haha!

Have a great cruise. Glad you are safe onboard, as the son of one of my friends was in the terror attack in London last week.