Samll Busted - Adding Bra to Swimsuit

I have a small build, hitting 60 soon so my figure is not what it used to be, am I the only one considering sewing a padded bra into my bathing suit? Does anyone else do this? If so, any tips or tricks to accomplish this sucessfully would be appreciated.

I wear tankini's or one piece suits.

Yes, I know it will hold water, but I am willing to take the chance.

I have a small build, hitting 60 soon so my figure is not what it used to be, am I the only one considering sewing a padded bra into my bathing suit? Does anyone else do this? If so, any tips or tricks to accomplish this sucessfully would be appreciated.

I wear tankini's or one piece suits.

Yes, I know it will hold water, but I am willing to take the chance.

you would not be able to stitch it without stitches showing through on the right side, Plus you would need to find a suit, with the same top shape as your bra.

http://www.maxcleavage.com/?gclid=CjgKEAjwwPabBRCXo46OtM_RhGMSJACgCeqAAw5vU_XUQNjnocsE8mInb-9wVz-qxSZBUw87sX0jtfD_BwE

I just looked on google and came up with the above straight away.

would it not be easier to buy a swimsuit with built in support.

I have a black tankini and a black bra that was getting old. I cut the 'bra' part out of the whole bra and stitched (with small stiches) at the top & bottom of each breast area. It doesn't move or slide around - you can not even think about it, it feels like it has always been a part of the suit.

M.A.

I know you're looking to add volume to how you look in the suit, but by supporting the girls well, you can get the maximum. I think the "partial" bra option is good, as well at VS.

I have found that if the suit fits really snug through the top, it pushes the girls together, so try taking the sideseams of your suit in at the top. I've done this on several suits to just give myself more support, and the results are you also get a more volume look, too. :D

Edited by pcur

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem as yourself last year. I went to my local fabric store (JoAnn's) and in the notions section they sell pre made bra cups that are made for swimming and/or gowns. I had my local tailor sew the cups to the lining in the bra area. It worked perfectly with nothing showing on the right side of the fabric. I think this would work for you very well.