Jacques Perreau

I just got a lovely email from him in terms of touring Normandy.
Has anyone used him ? I believe I got his name off this board a while ago.

Jacqueline
Constellation 3/20/04
HAL Westerdam 7/30/04
Tahitian Princess August 2003
Grand Princess Western Caribbean 2003
Brilliance of the Seas Baltic 2002
Ocean Princess- Alaska 2001
Celebrity Zenith- Bermuda 2001
Grand Princess Med 2000

:Hello! We have a full day tour scheduled with him on June 21/Jewel cruise. I received a very glowing report from Lisa Waverly here on the CC boards.

He is not inexpensive, but he is very well prepared and well respected in his field. He actually went to NY for the 60th D-Day celebration events planning committee meetings, so he is certainly worth a try. I'll report back to you when we return.

[img]http://beta.hometown.aol.com/micknminy/myhomepage/animtink.gif[/img]
Celia

"Jewel OTS " 06/04 # 11 & 12
"Brilliance OTS" 04/05 # 13 & 14

• 1 month later...
We are back from the British Isles cruise on the Jewel of the Seas. It was a magnificent cruise, and the highlight of our trip was the tour we took with Monsieur Perreau. He is a very wonderful guide. He is extremely prepared, knows the area better than most, and seems to know everyone as he walks through all of the areas. We had a charming lunch at a cafe near the entrance to the American Cemetery. I would HIGHLY recommend Monsieur Perreau! We did more, and saw more, than all the tours from RCCL and still had time for lunch. I haven't posted my pictures yet, but I will be doing so very shortly. I took over 300 pictures in Normandy. His email address is:

[email]perreau.j@wanadoo.fr[/email]

Thanks for the feedback. Its so important for future cruisers to know who the good and reliable guides are !
I know many of the ports on my upcomiong cruise are not highly visited (Sardinia, Malta) and I also hope to post back on these spots to benefit future cruisers. Thanks again !

• 4 weeks later...
I was about to reply to this e-mail and then saw Tinkerme1's reply that she had booked him based on my recomendation. I am glad to see that. My kids still talk about that day in Normandy and remember so much of what they had learned from him, even though it was a year ago. Around June 6th, when there were a lot of TV programs about The D- Day landings I would find my teenagers avidly watching the Discovery Channel specials on anything related to the D-Day Invasion.

I also used that day a lot when booking our Alaskan cruise with friends this year as an example of getting value for money when booking a private guide. Even though, it was an expensive day, it was money well-spent as we fitted in so much more than if we had used the ship's tours or done it on our own. In addition, it was still cheaper than doing it through the ship. What added to the expense was his hiring a minivan but it was so comfortable and he was such an outstanding guide that it was truly worth every cent.

Lisa, I just want to say that we were so fortunate to have Monsieur Perreau guide us through the Normandy Beaches tour. He was such a personable and interesting individual. We were so excited that our tour went to as many places as possible in just one day. He certainly gave us a tour that all of us will never forget. Would it be possible to email me at:
[email]micknminy@aol.com[/email]

I would love to have the other folks that joined our tour give you a big thank you. They have asked about you, but I have not been able to locate you here on the boards.

Again, thank you! Our Normandy tour was the highlight of our trip as well! :D

Oh boy, what a tremendous compliment. I am so glad it worked out for you. I love using private guides and when I can pass on information that others can use, it is tremendous. I get so much information and help from these boards so it gratifying to know that my information proved useful.

My e-mail is [email]waverley66@hotmail.com[/email]. But I will e-mail you .

I have not been on the Europe board for a while and of course, all the old information and old posts are in cyber history so I guess it is hard to track somebody down.

I actually was so impressed with the many guides that I contacted in the Normandy region. when I contacted one, if they could not help they would either give me an address of another guide or have another guide contact me. Each one would really go above and beyond to help me to find somebody who could guide us.

Just wanted to chime in now that I am back to reiterate what others have said. This was a terrific day, full of information yet kept the attention of our three children. It is very hands on, as we actually toured a german bunker which was left intact !
Our ship was late getting into the port and we were very tired as it was only our second day in Europe but it went very well.

Archived