Just Booked Liberty of the Seas!!

:D...and excited to be returning to RCCL after forays onto Celebrity, Carnival & Princess. We're a little late to the party on a Freedom Class and won't even recognize the improvements since the refurb but we're really looking forward to it. Holding this one lightly though as a very close family member has terminal cancer and may possibly be day-to-day then unless things progress sooner. :( Yes, we definitely bought cancellation insurance.

Very sorry about your family member. Hopefully things turn around for them and you are able to take your cruise and have a wonderful time. I have a 92 year old mother-in-law that lives 5 minutes from us so we always purchase the "for any reason" trip insurance.

Very sorry about your family member. Hopefully things turn around for them and you are able to take your cruise and have a wonderful time. I have a 92 year old mother-in-law that lives 5 minutes from us so we always purchase the "for any reason" trip insurance.

Yep, always buy it here too. If it's not one thing it's another; elderly parents, leaving DS (17) at home and now this latest thing. I always marvel at the threads where "cruising while a loved one dies" is being debated - not judging but there's NO WAY we'd be anywhere other than where we were needed in those circumstances. Thanks alot for the well-wishes!

Edited by ronandannette

Some places to check:

www.insuremytrip.com

www.squaremouth.com

www.quotewright.com

tripinsurancestore.com

Because our sailing date is in February and I did book our flight date which is a day before the sailing date. Still thinking about the weather in Feb., if due to the flight delay and I missed the cruise, so which kind of insurance is better for us, if "Trip Cancellation & Baggage Plan" is suit for us. Thanks

We were on the Liberty in June on a Med cruise. We love the ship and we only wish we had been able to enjoy more of the ship. It was port intensive and we missed being able to actually enjoy the ship. We are going to make up for it with a cruise this coming June on Freedom to the Caribbean. This will be our third time on Freedom. It's our favorite ship and we planned this cruise because we've been to all the ports so we can just sit back, relax and enjoy the ship.:D

First time cruiser here, so usually how much cost for ""for any reason" trip insurance" per person, and which insurance company you choose? Thanks

We have used insuremytrip.com many times and usually go with the Global Alert plan. If you plan to purchase the "for an reason" insurance, you normally only have around 2 weeks after the date you booked the trip to purchase the insurance.

What is your sailing date? We have some dates on Liberty booked. You have received excellent advice about insurance. Be sure to sign up for the RC

meet & mingle, usually held on the morning of the first sea day.

Cruzin Lady