Christmas or New Year on Costa

petlady7

Hi

Has anybody been on a Christmas or New Year cruise with Costa , I would love to know what goes on over these holiday periods and if it is worth the extra money or not , any advice or information much appreciated , thank you

Zoe

I and my parents (in their 60ties) will be on the Costa Fortuna in

the Caribbean from the 26th of December and looking forward to it.

For myself it will be even the first new year that I will be outside of my home country, Switzerland.

• 1 month later...
Salve,

Are you going on the 12/22/14 11 night sailing? This is our first time on Costa, and I am hoping it is fun!

No, we are on the December 27th cruise out of Miami. If you have an open mind to many different nationalities and their customs you will have a great time!

Will there be plenty of 18-21 year olds for my daughter to hang out with? She is friendly, beautiful and single lol

Not plenty, but there will be enough, though I don't know if they have European Standards or in the Caribbean they switch to US-Standards because in most European countries the legal age for drinking alkohol is 18! So that might be attractive to certain people...

Not plenty, but there will be enough, though I don't know if they have European Standards or in the Caribbean they switch to US-Standards because in most European countries the legal age for drinking alkohol is 18! So that might be attractive to certain people...

If the ships is sailing from Miami, then the legal age to drink alcohol is 21 y.o., if the ship is sailing from a Caribbean port (i.e.Guadaloupe or Dom Rep) then the legal drinking age is 18 y.o.

If the ships is sailing from Miami, then the legal age to drink alcohol is 21 y.o., if the ship is sailing from a Caribbean port (i.e.Guadaloupe or Dom Rep) then the legal drinking age is 18 y.o.

Good to know, another reason for European Customers NOT to travel from Miami or Fort Lauderdale...I wonder what Costa does in this case with the All Inclusive Drink Package ? But that's now completly off topic.

Good to know, another reason for European Customers NOT to travel from Miami or Fort Lauderdale...I wonder what Costa does in this case with the All Inclusive Drink Package ? But that's now completly off topic.

For Miami sailings, where the All Inclusive Drinks Package is required, anyone over 21 y.o. will get and be charged the full price, under 21 y.o. will get and be charged the kiddies package.

I can just imagine the outcry at the Oktoberfest, if you had to be over 21 y.o. to drink a beer. :eek:

Hi

Has anybody been on a Christmas or New Year cruise with Costa , I would love to know what goes on over these holiday periods and if it is worth the extra money or not , any advice or information much appreciated , thank you

Zoe

Christmas or New years aboard ship is truly a magical event.