Brief Breeze Review-It's first cruise from Galveston

LisaH

We used indoor parking very near the pier. With all the hail this year we decided to be safe rather than sorry. We dropped luggage off first and then parked. It was very easy and the Galveston port is very organized. Oh and on the return we tipped a porter $20 and he took our luggage for us to the parking garage – definitely worth it.

If you have any specific questions or want any additional info. I love to talk about ship experiences.

Did you park at " Galveston Park & Cruise"? We park there, but I never thought of asking the porter take our luggage to the parking buildings.

Did you specifically ask, or did the porter mention he could do that?

Thanks!

LisaH, Hi! When you return you might want to consider this as an alternate route. May take a little longer (but not if Houston traffic is bad) somewhat scenic, you go over several bridges, so lots of water views. and pass the Kema Boardwalk. As you are approaching Houston, take I-10 East towards Baytown. Just as you are almost through Baytown, take 146 S. towards Galveston. You will end up on I-45 S. just a few miles from Galveston. We do this in reverse, when we want to go anywhere North of Houston.:)

Awesome - thank you!

Great review- short, sweet & to the point. We also were on the Breeze in Miami, great CD Matt Mitcham who is on the Vista now. Who was the CD on the Breeze now? We're sailing in November.

Ugh, can't remember his name but whoever was the CD on ours (British guy) was going on vacation. I think a girl named Jaime was taking over in his absence.

Did you park at " Galveston Park & Cruise"? We park there, but I never thought of asking the porter take our luggage to the parking buildings.

Did you specifically ask, or did the porter mention he could do that?

Thanks!

Okay, my posts are not posting so I am trying again. I apologize in advance if they end up posting twice.

Yes, that is where we parked (indoors). We asked the porter if he could go off property across the street and he said he would...definitely worth the $20.

Okay, my posts are not posting so I am trying again. I apologize in advance if they end up posting twice.

Yes, that is where we parked (indoors). We asked the porter if he could go off property across the street and he said he would...definitely worth the $20.

Thanks, seems like a good idea!

We were in a suite on Deck 7 on the Magic and didn't think it was too close at all. I think that is our favorite location on the ship. I'm sure it will be also on the Breeze

On our first Breeze cruise we were in an Ocean Suite on 7 (mid ship) and had no problem with the Lanai but rather had an awful creaking noise in the cabin whenever we were moving. It was so loud that I recorded it. They sent technicians up, took ceiling tiles out, tried to fix it but to no avail. It was horrible.

They ended up crediting us over $1000 as they were not able to move us. I would much rather NOT have had the noise. That is why we booked more forward this time. Surely they have it repaired or rectified by now.

We will be sailing the breeze but not till Dec 3, 2017. Has anyone every sailed out of Galveston in Dec?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes! We live 20 minutes from Galveston & have cruised many times in November & December. You'll love the Breeze! We cruised on her out of Miami & are cruising on her again this November. :)

Ugh, can't remember his name but whoever was the CD on ours (British guy) was going on vacation. I think a girl named Jaime was taking over in his absence.

Just off the Breeze, my first cruise so don't have anything to compare but we LOVED Jaime Dee, the CD. Sooo much energy and heart! Also our cruise set a record for fund raising for St. Jude, over $9,000!

Thank you for your review. I am sailing her late August and also have an Ocean suite on deck 7, more midship. The last few cruises on all Carnival ships have had, for me, too warm of cabins, so I was pleased you had a cool one, and hope for the same. I will deal with whatever happens, and if needed, hope for a fan. Might pack one, although I hate taking up space in the suit case.

I agree about the Holiday Inn being nice, and good location. I will be taying at the San Luis next door, both pre and post cruise. I love that hotel/resort and always stay there when in Galveston.

Question: Does the CARNIVAL BREEZE have an Alchemy Bar? I do so enjoy those, but as long as I get a good martini, I am happy.

Again, thanks for the review.

Did you think the Breeze had a lot of shade? I know she is a sister to the Magic, and the shade on her was fabulous. I like to sit outside, but I burn super easy even with sunscreen! :cool: