Here's a tip about pictures for your vow renewal/wedding on the ship...

xray328

We did our vow renewal on the Liberty this month. I did not choose a photo package when we booked it. But to my surprise a photographer was at the ceremony. He took numerous shots at the ceremony and around the ship with us. He told us we would all sit down in a couple days to review all the shots.

So we got an in cabin note when and where to meet which in this case was the Library at 5:30pm. This seemed a little inconvenient since we were in port that day until 6, but we were back in time anyway and made the appointment.

The photographer had his MacBook all set with a photo slide show set to music and a TON of pictures on the table. The 8x10's and 5x7's had to be in stacks of at least 3 inches high each. There was also a very nice coffee table book in an 8x8 format (very very nice).

So he played the slide show and of course all the pictures came out great. Then he shows us the prices...

Top package...$2999. Uh yeah thats what we said. Ain't no way.

The prices went down to $499.

We never had a real wedding the first time around so we did want at least some of the pictures so we thought the 8x8 coffee table book might be a good option. Price for that..$899. Good grief!

Ok so, we settled with the $749 package which I forget the details of but it was a fraction of what you got for $2999 and didn't include the very nice book we really wanted if course.

So the photographer leaves us to choose the photos we want to meet the number included with the package. But before he does he types out some "custom" packages on his laptop, still all very expensive for what they included so we tell him were just gonna stay with the $749 package. So he leaves as we pick out our pictures after realizing we weren't gonna budge.

A few minutes later, after talking to his manager, he comes back in and offers...

30 8x10's

All the 5x7's

The photo book

One 16x20 canvas

2 DVD slide show discs

3 photo albums

And ALL the pictures on a CD

$1250.

We grabbed this deal mainly because it included the book and all the pictures on a CD so we can get whatever we want via shutterfly.

Then his manager came in shaking hands and making sure we were satisfied with everything. It was like we just negotiated the sale of a new car. I had no idea they negotiated at all. So anyway, don't jump at any offers on the official price list. It's all open for haggling.

aeff5311-6aeb-8e7b.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325165050.621534.jpg.f27feaa48d66ae8394418492348e75a7.jpg

Then his manager came in shaking hands and making sure we were satisfied with everything. It was like we just negotiated the sale of a new car. I had no idea they negotiated at all. So anyway, don't jump at any offers on the official price list. It's all open for haggling.

aeff5311-6aeb-8e7b.jpg

Other than the fact that this did sound like a sleazy car salesman, I want to say that your picture is gorgeous :)

Congrats on your vow renewal!!!!!

We did our vow renewal on the Liberty this month. I did not choose a photo package when we booked it. But to my surprise a photographer was at the ceremony. He took numerous shots at the ceremony and around the ship with us. He told us we would all sit down in a couple days to review all the shots.

So we got an in cabin note when and where to meet which in this case was the Library at 5:30pm. This seemed a little inconvenient since we were in port that day until 6, but we were back in time anyway and made the appointment.

The photographer had his MacBook all set with a photo slide show set to music and a TON of pictures on the table. The 8x10's and 5x7's had to be in stacks of at least 3 inches high each. There was also a very nice coffee table book in an 8x8 format (very very nice).

So he played the slide show and of course all the pictures came out great. Then he shows us the prices...

Top package...$2999. Uh yeah thats what we said. Ain't no way.

The prices went down to $499.

We never had a real wedding the first time around so we did want at least some of the pictures so we thought the 8x8 coffee table book might be a good option. Price for that..$899. Good grief!

Ok so, we settled with the $749 package which I forget the details of but it was a fraction of what you got for $2999 and didn't include the very nice book we really wanted if course.

So the photographer leaves us to choose the photos we want to meet the number included with the package. But before he does he types out some "custom" packages on his laptop, still all very expensive for what they included so we tell him were just gonna stay with the $749 package. So he leaves as we pick out our pictures after realizing we weren't gonna budge.

A few minutes later, after talking to his manager, he comes back in and offers...

30 8x10's

All the 5x7's

The photo book

One 16x20 canvas

2 DVD slide show discs

3 photo albums

$1250.

We grabbed this deal mainly because it included the book and all the pictures on a CD so we can get whatever we want via shutterfly.

aeff5311-6aeb-8e7b.jpg

Hubby and I got married on the Spirit 8 years ago and encountered the same situation. We are planning on renewing our vows on another ship for our 10yr anniversary and will be prepared this time. Thanks and congrats!

30 8x10's

All the 5x7's

The photo book

One 16x20 canvas

2 DVD slide show discs

3 photo albums

$1250.

xray328,

Wow! You made out like a bandit on that deal. Good Job!

If you own a mac. you can load the photos into iphoto and aperture and make your own books too . We got all of our wedding on DVD and made books threw apple they cost about 50 each and everyone was floored. We looked around at alot of places and a bunch of photography sites recommended them.

If you own a mac. you can load the photos into iphoto and aperture and make your own books too . We got all of our wedding on DVD and made books threw apple they cost about 50 each and everyone was floored. We looked around at alot of places and a bunch of photography sites recommended them.

We've done photo books like that through shutterfly before. The book we bought from Carnival was so much nicer. Very thick pages, gorgeous cover, beautiful layout. Not worth anywhere near $899 but definitely a step (or two) above shutterfly/snapfish. I'd of been happy with just the book honestly.

Looking to do a vow renewal for my parents 50th on the Magic in March. The cost of the renewal is $$ enough but geeeezzz the pics!!! With my dad being a photographer, we would never pay those prices. Can you just buy the pics on cd for a few hundred? My dad does weddings and will sell just the copy right released cd with 400-500 pics on it for $300-500, depending on if he knows the couple(wink wink).

Yeah it's a ton of cash, no doubt. I had a tough time with it myself. The only way I justified it was that we never had a real wedding (JP while we were in the Air Force) so we don't have wedding photos. A wedding photographer can be $4-5k easy. I'm not sure if you can buy just the CD. It was added to sweeten the deal I think.

What we should of done was tried to get all of the 8x10's taken on Formal Night thrown into the deal. Now that would of been a killer deal.

Archived