Celebrity Cabin Selection

marsh0925

Hi guys! Planning our first cruise and have learned so much from everyone's reviews and posts. We've decided on Celebrity Solstice to Alaska in August and I'm down to cabin selection. I'm thinking we would enjoy Aqua class, but the only option still available for our date is "AquaClass Guaranteed." Is this too risky? Should we go down to Concierge or Veranda and have the ability to choose our cabin? We aren't overly picky and not terribly sensitive to some noise (within reason). Would there be AquaClass cabins that are so bad that we'd regret our choice? Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off the Solstice on the 20th of this month and had rm 1098. It was CC class and we got the welcome lunch, which was nice. Our room was great and on the starboard side so we got to see a lot of wildlife etc. Honestly I don't think there was any bad views from any balconies, it was breathtaking. I would have preferred 1108 (or any) on the hump because the view is more panoramic imo, but it was already taken. Good luck with your room choice!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
Hi guys! Planning our first cruise and have learned so much from everyone's reviews and posts. We've decided on Celebrity Solstice to Alaska in August and I'm down to cabin selection. I'm thinking we would enjoy Aqua class, but the only option still available for our date is "AquaClass Guaranteed." Is this too risky? Should we go down to Concierge or Veranda and have the ability to choose our cabin? We aren't overly picky and not terribly sensitive to some noise (within reason). Would there be AquaClass cabins that are so bad that we'd regret our choice? Thanks in advance!

For an Alaska cruise, I suspect that the side of the ship might play a big role in what is visible from the cabin. So, this might be a negative to going Guarantee.

I'd suggest viewing the itinerary and thinking about what side of the ship you want to be on before making a decision. This might also be a good question for the Celebrity Board.