Copenhagen or Warnemunde

Trying to plan a cruise, can't decide if I should start in Copenhagen or Warnemunde. Which one would you pick and why?

From some initial research, Copenhagen seems to be easier to get to from airport, but getting to Berlin as a port stop from Warnemunde might be difficult...hence the dilemma.

TIY

If visiting Berlin is important then I would board in Warnemunde and spend some time in Berlin either pre or post cruise. Doing Berlin as a port of call is expensive and is a very long day.

If you aren't fussed about Berlin then Copenhagen is an easier port to board in as getting to the port from the nearest airport is far easier there.

Copenhagen is a good place to spend some time pre cruise as well, so there are advantages in boarding there, but it's an easy place to do as a port of call as well.

I'm on the last day of my Regal Princess Baltic cruise before we arrive back in Copenhagen tomorrow. I spent three days in Copenhagen before the cruise and wish I had come in even a day earlier. Lovely city to walk around, be sure and do a canal ride and a visit to Trivoli gardens. I also spend a day visiting several castles/towns outside the city.

I arranged hotel thru Princess and it was actually cheaper than booking on my own (stayed at the Scandic Copenhagen) just blocks from Trivoli and main downtown area. Princess provided transfers from the airport and to the ship which was an additional savings

I'm planning a trip for next year, either the NCL Getaway to Copenhagen or the NCL Jade to Hamburg. My goal is to spend a couple of weeks on a road trip in Germany.

I have decided to take the Getaway: it is cheaper, has better ports and I've never been on it. I also get much cheaper flights out of Copenhagen back to Florida. The bus/train ride from Copenhagen to Rostock is frequent and cheap if booked in advance. Some departures are only $25.

Hertz is offering a BMW/automatic in Rostock for about $300 for two weeks.

All in all, it is the cheapest and most convenient option for me.