Heathrow to Southampton?

tally10

Is there an easy way to get from Heathrow to Southampton with luggage? We have done Southampton to London with a private car service post cruise but don't want to spend a fortune like we did before. Hubby can't carry all of the luggage and I can't lift. Any ideas or suggestions? I am sure this has been discussed before, but we are making a decision tonight between two cruises leaving from different places. We would prefer the Southampton one, but getting there is the biggest obstacle. Thanks for the help!

Is there an easy way to get from Heathrow to Southampton with luggage? We have done Southampton to London with a private car service post cruise but don't want to spend a fortune like we did before. Hubby can't carry all of the luggage and I can't lift. Any ideas or suggestions? I am sure this has been discussed before, but we are making a decision tonight between two cruises leaving from different places. We would prefer the Southampton one, but getting there is the biggest obstacle. Thanks for the help!

I would think National Express Coaches would be one option for you. They are reasonably priced compared to a private car. I imagine if you can roll your luggage they will load it onto the bus for you. Check out their website to get an idea about the cost. I don't know if anyone on our roll-call is doing a private car from Heathrow or not especially the day of the cruise (do you know you are going to fly into Heathrow? You could end up at Gatwick or other airport).

jc

Hubby can't carry all of the luggage and I can't lift.

Whilst the National Express bus is at the forefront if your mind is on economy, you should bear in mind that the buses only call at Terminal 5. For all the other terminals there is at least a 10 minute walk from the terminal to the bus station and if you use Terminal 4, a train journey as well.

Also note the luggage allowance rules on National Express are that no bag should weigh more than 20kg (44 1bs). Many drivers turn a blind eye if the bus is not full and but if heavy often ask you to load the luggage yourselves into the hold.

One other thought is to go on the roll call here for your cruise and see if you can put together a group to share a charter bus direct to the cruise terminal. If you can get a group of 8-12 people together it only works out at about 15-20 GBP per person.

Thanks for all of your help and the info on the National Express Bus. We haven't decided as yet to switch to this particular cruise. We are still weighing all of the options so to speak as we have made so many arrangements for the other cruise we have booked. We just like the itinerary so much better for the Southampton one. We have also heard back from the car service we have used in the past and they are giving us a good rate (and the owners have been on the ship we think we will switch to and LOVED her). Thanks for the info!

Archived