When does Rhapsody of Seas get back into Seattle at the end of the cruise?

read52

We are looking at Southwest back to the East Coast (DC area). They have a 10:30 am flight. We see that the airport is about 15 miles from the port. Can we make this flight? We also saw that it is a flat rate for a taxi from the port to the airport of about $50. It that per person or can we get 4 people in the taxi and 4 bags?

What day of the week? Traffic can be pretty miserable in Seattle and summer means more road construction.

- either pier is about a 25-30 minute drive; give it 45 in case of events at the stadiums or in town, accidents, road closures, etc.

- you need to be INSIDE the airport by 8:30/9 for a 10:30 flight.

In order to make the flight you should have a car waiting, and be pulling away from the pier by 7:45/8am. If everything is perfect, you'll make it.

Certainly not within my comfort zone. I'd be too worried about the ship beling late or a delay in disembarking.

What are the consequences if you miss the flight?

When you order the taxi let them know the number of people and suitcases.

I would always follow the cruise lines recommendation for the earliest flight .

I've seen cruise ships delayed due to naval maneuvers in the Seattle and Puget Sound . There are three major naval bases within a 100 miles of Seattle that can cause havoc with ships and airlines.

Thanks for the help. We are going to take a 1:00 pm flight because our friends who we are traveling with have a 12:30 flight. They live in North Carolina. So we will pass the time in the airport. One good thing is our flight going to Seattle. Their flight from North Carolina is stopping in Baltimore so we will get on the same flight to Seattle.

Thanks for the heads up about traffic, we have some interesting traffic being next to DC.

Archived