Ceromony of the Keys-dinner

itsanita

We have tickets for the Ceremony of the Keys at the tower of London on a Friday night. We need to be there by around 9:15 pm so would like to have dinner somewhere close to there. Any suggestions for a casual dinner/pub in that area?

Any suggestions for a casual dinner/pub in that area?
There are a number of restaurants opposite the western edge of the Tower, on the north side of Byward Street opposite All Hallows church, and in St Katharine Docks.

Unless you're more specific about what you want, it's hard to narrow it down any further than that.

We have tickets for the Ceremony of the Keys at the tower of London on a Friday night. We need to be there by around 9:15 pm so would like to have dinner somewhere close to there. Any suggestions for a casual dinner/pub in that area?

Good job securing those tickets. The Ceremony of the Keys is very special. We did this and

Dined at Butlers Wharf Chop House. We sat outside by the water with a great view of Tower Bridge and the Tower of London. Bridge even opened. I do not think that happens very often. After dinner, we walked across Tower Bridge and all around the Tower of London as the gate to the walkway under Tower Bridge was locked that time of night. Set Meal not cheap, though. 25£.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We were in London August 28-31, 2014. Our hotel was a block from the Tower of London. We tried several of the restaurants nearby. Our favorite was the pub, Liberty Bounds. It had good English food-- at a good price. They have a large picture window that looks across to the Tower.

On weekdays during "Happy Hour" the place is VERY crowded.

PS--FYI, we did not like the Cheshire Cheese pub at all and the Pizza restaurant a block farther than the Liberty Bounds was just OK.

thanks everyone. That's what I was looking for, a few good suggestions. I hate to wonder around that night trying to decide on where to eat, as we will be a little pressed for time.

thanks again

There are several pleasant restaurants in St Katherine Docks near the Tower, same side of the river. We particularly like Cote which, although is part of a chain is an excellent venue for a meal. They do a set menu and a la carte. My favourite dessert is the iced fruits with white chocolate sauce! Google St Katharine docks for some other suggestions as there is quite a choice. It's also a lovely venue for an evening stroll. The area backs onto the Tower hotel.

• 2 weeks later...

We did this in 2012 and ate at The Liberty Bounds. Very nice pub and the staff was awesome. Our food took a little too long to make so they wrapped it up for us.

So, yes, we were that American family that had chicken tenders and onion rings in a brown paper bag on the tour. :o:p:rolleyes:

Moral of this story: leave yourself plenty of time to eat!

Kristen

We did this in 2012 and ate at The Liberty Bounds. Very nice pub and the staff was awesome. Our food took a little too long to make so they wrapped it up for us.

So, yes, we were that American family that had chicken tenders and onion rings in a brown paper bag on the tour. :o:p:rolleyes:

Moral of this story: leave yourself plenty of time to eat!

Kristen

I am glad you agree with my view of Liberty Bounds. It was a very pleasant pub. It has a very busy Happy Hour on week nights.