Weight limit on pull down beds

Jebiford29

Didn't see it on Carnival's site (maybe I missed it), but what's the weight limit on the pull down beds? I'm going on a cruise with DW, DS, & DD in a couple of weeks and wanted to know if my fat butt would fit in the upper or if DW would have to brave it. Not sure I'd trust DS (4 years old) not to fall out of it. DD is 7 months old. Yeah yeah. I know. Save the venom for someone else.

If I remember correctly, the brochure has it listed as 250lbs on the back pages.

Yes, I read the brochure all the time over and over just to satisfy my fix till my cruise

Edit: yep. Just looked and it is 250lbs for upper berths. If you go to carnival.com and click the brochure link at the bottom, then go to the e-brochure, it is listed on page 123.

My son was four on our last cruise (we celebrated his birthday on board). We asked for extra pillows and put the pillows between him and the railing and he had no problems.

Plus, not sure how you feel about this, but when the two singles are pushed together for a king, there is plenty of room in the bed for mom, dad and a kid or two! :-)

My son was four on our last cruise (we celebrated his birthday on board). We asked for extra pillows and put the pillows between him and the railing and he had no problems.

Plus, not sure how you feel about this, but when the two singles are pushed together for a king, there is plenty of room in the bed for mom, dad and a kid or two! :-)

Great idea about the pillows! We were resigned to the fact that he'd probably be sleeping with us, but that would mean bad nights' sleep for all parties. He likes to get as close to you (or sometimes ON TOP of you) when he sleeps.

So, 250. I'm sitting at a nice, large 275 right now. Looks like I need to shed some lbs. in the next 2 weeks! Ha!!! I think we'll go with the pillow idea and have the pull out on top of the king bed pulled down, just in case.

Didn't see it on Carnival's site (maybe I missed it), but what's the weight limit on the pull down beds? I'm going on a cruise with DW, DS, & DD in a couple of weeks and wanted to know if my fat butt would fit in the upper or if DW would have to brave it. Not sure I'd trust DS (4 years old) not to fall out of it. DD is 7 months old. Yeah yeah. I know. Save the venom for someone else.

Will your cabin have tthe fold out couch? They are pretty roomy when the open it up.

I recall specifically seeing the sign ON the beds on a Princess ship 3 years ago that the weight limit was 250 lbs.

Also, if you have the sofa, use it instead. We had 3 in our cabin on our Carnival Liberty cruise 2 weeks ago, and I was relegated to the sofa. It's not a "fold out" sofa...they just remove the back cushions of the sofa and put linens on it. It's actually quite comfortable and I couldn't tell a huge difference between it and the regular beds.

we have cruised with our kids at various ages and on one of our cruises my daughter was 10 months and my son 3.... to avoid the bunk bed scenario I packed a "ready bed" in the bottom of one of our suitcases (It is a toddler size inflatable bed with an attached sleeping bag, I think he was in to Thomas the Tank Engine at the time :) " . My son slept in that on the floor next to the baby's crib and my husband and I were able to sleep together. The kids were so exhausted every night from all the excitement that that they slept very well. And we didn't have to worry about bumping our heads in the middle of the night. Just a thought, for what it's worth- one more thing to pack, but it doesn't take up too much room! HAVE FUN!

I got stuck up there when we took DW's grandmother. 6'1", and more than 220 lbs.

I just reread what I wrote, and I didn't mean to say the I literally got stuck up there. That's just where I got to sleep, and sleep I did.

Where do you get a ready bed ? My daughter is cruising in a few days with a 3 yr.old & a 15 mo.old & is in a room with 2 uppers. I do not think she wants to put her 3 yd.old in the bunk. The baby will have a crib. I am calling Carnival today to see if there is a couch in that cabin, if there is one she will put him on that to sleep.

I should have asked. What ship and cabin number?

No couch. U221 on the Inspiration.

I kind of like the ready bed idea. Anyone know if there's enough room on the floor for that PLUS the pack n play? It'd seem like it would be a pretty tight squeeze.

If I remember correctly, the brochure has it listed as 250lbs on the back pages.

Yes, I read the brochure all the time over and over just to satisfy my fix till my cruise

Edit: yep. Just looked and it is 250lbs for upper berths. If you go to carnival.com and click the brochure link at the bottom, then go to the e-brochure, it is listed on page 123.

250? I guess that rules out 2 adults plus "g-forces" :eek: :D

I know a 200 pound son and his 30 pound son fit up there, lol.

Some ships will bring you a rollaway and you can just close up the upper bed. The rollaway folds in when you don't need it, but it still takes up floor space.

We just had an upper on our last cruise and the room steward hooked up my daughter with pillows and comforters to put along the sides. There is a railing so I didn't get the reasoning behind the extras but that is what happens when you leave teenagers in a cabin alone.:eek: :D Yes for a small child but for a 13yo I didn't see it.

Your four yo will be fine sleeping up there. Don't be surprised if you end up fighting over it. lol

Our Cabin slept 4. Two twins, one upper and the couch. The couch was located under the upper. We were very comfortable. Room for a pack and play? I don't think so. Unless you have a balcony. kidding. You would be tripping over it in the night to get to the bathroom. I don't know about you but I would at any cost not turn on a light or the kids would wake up.

One of the other posters suggested having the twins together. This equals a king and is very roomy. Like they said a baby plus the two of you will be fine.

Suggestion? Make sure you remove the ladder to the upper and put it on the upper bed or you may find the toddler up there. Especialy when you turn your back for a second! Damn they are fast. lol

The weight limit, as mentioned, is 250 lbs for the upper berths.

Rollaway beds are limited. Call Carnival to reserve one.

Also, you'll need to call Carnival in advance and see if your room will accomodate a rollaway bed. Not all rooms will.

We have ended up with the upper/lower only twice in a 1A. I am not a small guy (300+) and it held me fine. The fun part was getting up there. The little punny ladder I did not trust. In a quad room you can step on the bed then dresser and get up fine. In a 1A the bunks are on top of each other. After a few nights we just pulled the mattress off the bed every night and slept on the floor. Our cabin stewart must of thought we were nuts. Once we had the 1A on the Veranda deck which was a larger room but still bunks. We pulled both mattress off and pushed them together on the floor.

We have ended up with the upper/lower only twice in a 1A. I am not a small guy (300+) and it held me fine. The fun part was getting up there. The little punny ladder I did not trust. In a quad room you can step on the bed then dresser and get up fine. In a 1A the bunks are on top of each other. After a few nights we just pulled the mattress off the bed every night and slept on the floor. Our cabin stewart must of thought we were nuts. Once we had the 1A on the Veranda deck which was a larger room but still bunks. We pulled both mattress off and pushed them together on the floor.

So the 250 lb. limit is just for lawyers, huh?

Archived