Kimpton Palladian Walk to Pier?

indycdca

Hi. We leaving Saturday for 7/23 cruise on Pearl. Our flight lands at Seatac at 5:40pm. Plan to take light rail to Westlake Center and then walk to Kimpton Palladian. It looks close on map. I am a little concerned though about walking around town. How long would it take to walk to the ship? I called and spoke w hotel and were not reassuring when I asked about walking to ship telling me it's very hilly. How long of a walk is it and what is the best route for access to pier 66? Also wondering about walking to Seattle Center. Is it safe?i googled and is says it's only a mile but I could not tell if there are sidewalks all the way. What's the best route here. Also need to fill the whole day walking around when return on 7/30 because our flight doesn't depart until 1:00am--its gonna be a long day walking around! But wanted to know if walking to South Lake Union is doable from pier since we have so much time on our hands (I know we can get streetcar from Westlake Center if needed)

Light rail to the hotel is an easy walk. No issue with hills, but be aware that there are many homeless people and drug users in the Westlake Park area, esp after dark.

Can't help with routing to the pier, but it is REALLY hilly; fortunately you would be going down hill.

Do you have plans in SLU? I work in that neighborhood and while it is lively during the week, it is really quiet on weekends.

Actually, you don't have to deal with all the hills to Pier 66 - there's a skybridge and elevator to get you down to the waterfront level. It's a ten minute walk - head north from the hotel on 2nd, walk a couple blocks north, head west on Bell to where it dead-ends at Elliott. There you'll find the sky bridge and elevator that ends at the cruise terminal. It actually works much better than people would expect.

I echo the point that SLU is dead on weekends and after dark.

Hi yes on Sunday the 30th we have to fill the whole day walking around! Can't utilize baggage to airport service b/c it's only for same day flights and since it's a 100am flight on 7/31 I don't think it will qualify:(. But I did read that center for wooden boats gives free rides on sundays. So is it doable to walk to this side of town..what's the safest most walkable route i.e. Not highways?a also how far/long. Also, will lugging luggage be an issue.. We might store at pier but that's only til 330pm. Was trying to come up w/ something to do Sunday late afternoon like (a play) to fill the time. Any other suggestions. I know I could pay for airport lounge but I'd rather "do"something with the money than sit in airport.

I have found great suggestions reading here. Thinking we will go first to center for wooden boats, then walk(again is this doable?) to Seattle Center then back to pier take ferry to west Seattle or Bremerton. I'm thinking this morning should take up most of day but going to airport at 5 or 6pm would still leaveit 6-7 hours in airport.

Actually, you don't have to deal with all the hills to Pier 66 - there's a skybridge and elevator to get you down to the waterfront level. It's a ten minute walk - head north from the hotel on 2nd, walk a couple blocks north, head west on Bell to where it dead-ends at Elliott. There you'll find the sky bridge and elevator that ends at the cruise terminal. It actually works much better than people would expect.

I echo the point that SLU is dead on weekends and after dark.

Thank you Vibeguy exactly the info I was looking for:D

The Edgewater Hotel (pier 67) stores luggage for non-guests for $5 per bag (you might want to contact the hotel to double check as the last info I have is from 2016). Without your bags your plan will be doable.

Emerald City Trolley now does a non hop on hop off trip that takes you to some pretty cool parts of the city. I actually am planning to do this tour even though it goes right past my office. http://www.emeraldcitytrolley.com/northwest-seattle-tour/

They define same-day as up to 10:00AM the day after arrival, so you will be able to use luggage valet.

Thank You for sharing all your valuable knowledge! This will make the day so much more carefree. Where can I find this info..I think all I saw was up to 6pm same day somewhere.

Note that the last two blocks on Bell Street are moderately downhill to the skybridge.

Hi yes on Sunday the 30th we have to fill the whole day walking around! Can't utilize baggage to airport service b/c it's only for same day flights and since it's a 100am flight on 7/31 I don't think it will qualify:(. But I did read that center for wooden boats gives free rides on sundays. So is it doable to walk to this side of town..what's the safest most walkable route i.e. Not highways?a also how far/long. Also, will lugging luggage be an issue.. We might store at pier but that's only til 330pm. Was trying to come up w/ something to do Sunday late afternoon like (a play) to fill the time. Any other suggestions. I know I could pay for airport lounge but I'd rather "do"something with the money than sit in airport.

I have found great suggestions reading here. Thinking we will go first to center for wooden boats, then walk(again is this doable?) to Seattle Center then back to pier take ferry to west Seattle or Bremerton. I'm thinking this morning should take up most of day but going to airport at 5 or 6pm would still leaveit 6-7 hours in airport.

I think you'd find hauling your bags around would be a serious PITA, and then you'd still have to get to the airport with them later. You might find some hotel (like the Edgewater) that will store them, but that would also limit your range; you'd have to return to fetch them later.

Two ideas. First, just go to the airport right off the ship and if the airline won't accept your bags for early check-in (phone, they might) then store them at the Smarte Carte bag storage stand at the airport (on the arrivals level.) Yes, you'd have to then head back into town, but you could probably be back by mid-morning at the latest, and wouldn't have to worry about focusing on all the hassle later.

Second, book a rental car for the day. Alamo/National/Enterprise have kiosks at the cruise terminals and will shuttle you and your bags to their downtown office across the street from Macy's. (Other car rental companies are a cheap and quick taxi ride from the pier.) Throw your bags in the back and use the car for the day - tour the city or head out of town; with a 1 AM flight you could get to Bainbridge, Vashon or Whidbey Islands, Snoqualmie Falls, or even Mt. Rainier, and still be back in plenty of time to drop the car at the airport before your redeye.