OWB question for the Hilton

doug52

I just booked the PG cruise for 2018 and now I am considering the Hilton for a post cruise stay of 5 days. So, my question is, is it worth it to spend the extra approximately $100 per night for the panoramic OWB? And, also does anyone have specific room number that they stayed in and recommend either for the standard OWB or the panoramic?

The Hilton looks like a great property, and we are looking forward to a bucket list stay in an OWB. Thanks in advance for any input.

Doug

Hi, fabulous resort. We stayed in Room 96 which was perfect for us as it has shade in the afternoon and a pretty clear view looking out at the water. That said, it had no sunset view so you need to decide what is important. I think you will be happy with the experience without paying extra.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/911576-hilton-moorea-lagoon-resort-spa-pyf.html

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2012/10/22/hilton-moorea-rooms/

We rented a car through Avis and it was quite convenient. We ate at wonderful restaurants on the island.

So long as you have an OWB you will have a great time.

We've stayed in #72. Not really a view of the sunrise or sunset but we were happy. I've attached a PDF layout of the resort. Right is sunrise, left in sunset. The left side had some dog noise from a neighbor property so keep that in mind if you get to pick your room.

hilton.pdf

So long as you have an OWB you will have a great time.

We've stayed in #72. Not really a view of the sunrise or sunset but we were happy. I've attached a PDF layout of the resort. Right is sunrise, left in sunset. The left side had some dog noise from a neighbor property so keep that in mind if you get to pick your room.

Thanks for the input from both of you. Sounds like we will have a great time regardless of the OWB. I am leaning toward one of the panorama's like 80 or 82 to get a sunset view and not get the dog noise from all the way to the left. Am I able to request and get a specific unit or is it totally up to Hilton?

I am hoping to get a free night based on the 5 night stay and my Silver status with Hilton, is this still possible? I plan on calling them to confirm their policy and eventually book. They are not showing June of next year yet on their website.

Thanks,

Doug

Better off getting Gold status if you can. You can also get a pretty cheap upgrade to OWB with gold. You can work with guest relations to request a couple of rooms. No guarantees but we got one of our requests.

Thanks for the input from both of you. Sounds like we will have a great time regardless of the OWB. I am leaning toward one of the panorama's like 80 or 82 to get a sunset view and not get the dog noise from all the way to the left. Am I able to request and get a specific unit or is it totally up to Hilton?

I am hoping to get a free night based on the 5 night stay and my Silver status with Hilton, is this still possible? I plan on calling them to confirm their policy and eventually book. They are not showing June of next year yet on their website.

Thanks,

Doug

You can request but no guarantees

Better off getting Gold status if you can. You can also get a pretty cheap upgrade to OWB with gold. You can work with guest relations to request a couple of rooms. No guarantees but we got one of our requests.

Thanks, I will look into getting Gold thru my Amex card. Not sure if I can swing it though. The Hilton Honors site indicates Silver, Gold or Diamond can get the 5th night free.

Doug

Can someone please describe the dog noise problem some more. Where are they? On the property? How loud are they? Do they really affect only the left (sunset) side?

Can someone please describe the dog noise problem some more. Where are they? On the property? How loud are they? Do they really affect only the left (sunset) side?

The dogs are located on the adjacent property on the sunrise side, meaning OWB room numbers 65 - 75. Wasn't a major issue but they are there and do bark. Things do change in FP so who knows, maybe the dogs are no longer there.