FLL beach hotels with balcony.

xray

We are searching for a beach hotel with a balcony large enough to sit (2 chairs)

and relax on, no stand-up only balconies.

Must be within a block or so from beach restaurants and shops.

Safe at night

Ocean views a plus.

We are looking at all possibilities regardless of rates.

Prior stays have been on 17th. St. near port but would like something different this time

Thanks for any suggestions.

Xray

We are searching for a beach hotel with a balcony large enough to sit (2 chairs)

and relax on, no stand-up only balconies.

Must be within a block or so from beach restaurants and shops.

Safe at night

Ocean views a plus.

We are looking at all possibilities regardless of rates.

Prior stays have been on 17th. St. near port but would like something different this time

Thanks for any suggestions.

Xray

Since we are Marriott people I usually suggest the Courtyard on the beach, great location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since we are Marriott people I usually suggest the Courtyard on the beach, great location.

That Courtyard doesn't have balconies.

To the OP, The Atlantic has great balconies. The Hilton FLL Beach has them in the 1-3 bedroom units and I cannot remember if the regular rooms have them. Also check the Ritz Carlton. Since the Hilton, W, and RC rooms are all privately owned, it is much more likely they do have balconies.

The Atlantic has the deepest balconies but they are a little more obstructed than the Hilton, RC, or W because they are concrete railings and not glass like the others.

Whenever you make your reservation, do it over the phone instead of online and make sure the reservation person notes on your reservation you require an oceanfront balcony. Talk to the hotel reservations direct because they will know the actual rooms and not the call center/central reservations.

That Courtyard doesn't have balconies.

To the OP, The Atlantic has great balconies. The Hilton FLL Beach has them in the 1-3 bedroom units and I cannot remember if the regular rooms have them. Also check the Ritz Carlton. Since the Hilton, W, and RC rooms are all privately owned, it is much more likely they do have balconies.

The Atlantic has the deepest balconies but they are a little more obstructed than the Hilton, RC, or W because they are concrete railings and not glass like the others.

Whenever you make your reservation, do it over the phone instead of online and make sure the reservation person notes on your reservation you require an oceanfront balcony. Talk to the hotel reservations direct because they will know the actual rooms and not the call center/central reservations.

Whoops I was confusing it with Marriott Beach Place Towers, which is in the heart of the action in the beach!

We stayed at the Hilton FFL Beach Resort. We were in a 1 bedroom unit and it had a balcony overlooking the water that ran the length of the living room and the bedroom. You could definitely fit more than 2 chairs on it. In fact I just looked at our pictures and our unit had 4 chairs and a table on it and had still had room for more. It is just across the street from the beach. The pool overlooks the water also. It has a restaurant on site and plenty of other restaurants within walking distance.

I am not sure when your stay is but if it is October 1 or after I would check out the new Conrad Hilton Hotel.

The beach is across the street from it (same as the Ritz Carlton) and you are in close proximity of restaurants and it looks very nice from the photos and will have balconies.

Keith

So far the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort has our vote, but we are still undecided.

We have not looked at the Conrad Hilton yet, will do that today.

We appreciate all the suggestions, Keep them coming. I promise to post when we decide.

Thanks,

XRAY:cool:

Look at the corner oceanview balcony rooms at the W. The ones on the upper floors have even larger balconies. If it rains you'll have a gorgeous view from the inside too, as there are big windows on 2 sides!

Edited by royalcruz

We've really liked the Marriott Beach Place Towers. We stayed in two villas in December 2016. 3 people in each. They were very large, had a whirlpool tub, sofa couch, stocked kitchen, etc. We decided on canal view rooms which were the same price as oceanview - 260.00. We loved the view. Large balcony. Two chairs and a table and pulled out a chair from inside and had plenty of room. We stayed on one of the top floors. Since we had balcony cabins on our cruise we knew we had an ocean view for 7 days. clear.png?emoji-smile-1742 There are rooms that are cheaper that aren't villas. My friend and I stayed in one in 2009 and the balcony fit two chairs and a table, easily.

There isn't an onsite restaurant. So if that is important it may not be the place for you. Although, there are several restaurants right across the walkway out to the beach. Also there was either a CVS or Rite Aide there as well. Also, a little deli like Place with only two tables in front that had cheap breakfast sandwiches that were really good. clear.png?emoji-smile-1742clear.png?emoji-smile-1742