Rain in Tahiti

We are leaving next week for 3 nights at the Hilton in Moorea and then a 7 night cruise aboard the WindSpirit. I have been following the weather for that area and have seen that it's been raining almost everyday. Now being from the West Coast we travel to Hawaii regularly and know about island rain there and it's almost never an issue. My question how does the rain in Tahiti affect your holiday or is like Hawaii rains a little then gone and almost forgotten?

We are leaving next week for 3 nights at the Hilton in Moorea and then a 7 night cruise aboard the WindSpirit. I have been following the weather for that area and have seen that it's been raining almost everyday. Now being from the West Coast we travel to Hawaii regularly and know about island rain there and it's almost never an issue. My question how does the rain in Tahiti affect your holiday or is like Hawaii rains a little then gone and almost forgotten?

Exactly as you describe' date=' over in a few minutes. We did the same when we went this past March/April, monitoring all the forecasts...It can slightly muddy the trails if you plan on an off road excursion (Albert's ATV on Moorea is a blast). It can bring out the mosquitoes if you are going inland so bring bug repellent. You will absolutely love the Hilton. Have a great trip.

Click here if you need more info

Edited by canuck.qc

Exactly as you describe, over in a few minutes. We did the same when we went this past March/April, monitoring all the forecasts...It can slightly muddy the trails if you plan on an off road excursion (Albert's ATV on Moorea is a blast). It can bring out the mosquitoes if you are going inland so bring bug repellent. You will absolutely love the Hilton. Have a great trip.

Click here if you need more info

Thank you. I do have bug repellent and we are ready for a great time.

WanderingWinos-did you ever purchase a travel pillow? What did you end up with?

Jill

Jill, I bought the J Pillow from the UK and also the Therm A Rest Cushion. I've not used either since we don't leave until Monday night. But I have tried them both out here at home. I'm hoping that it will help make that "red eye" flight to Tahiti more comfortable.

Jill' date=' I bought the J Pillow from the UK and also the Therm A Rest Cushion. I've not used either since we don't leave until Monday night. But I have tried them both out here at home. I'm hoping that it will help make that "red eye" flight to Tahiti more comfortable.[/quote']

Good Luck. Hope the flight goes quickly for you. I'm interested in hearing how the Therma A Rest cushion worked. I am looking at that one for myself.

Hope you have a fabulous trip!!!

Jill

• 2 years later...

I've seen both travel cushions... how did you find them? Worth purchasing? thanks, kathy

Jill' date=' I bought the J Pillow from the UK and also the Therm A Rest Cushion. I've not used either since we don't leave until Monday night. But I have tried them both out here at home. I'm hoping that it will help make that "red eye" flight to Tahiti more comfortable.[/quote']