Raiatea

yowkk

We will be on the windspirit July 20, docking at raiatea on Sunday, the 23rd. What are the island options? I know there is a town to explore, but we weren't planning on an excursion that day. I have heard of the mount tapioi hiking trail, but it seems the trail is closed on weekends? Is this the day we should plan on enjoying the ship?

We will be on the windspirit July 20, docking at raiatea on Sunday, the 23rd. What are the island options? I know there is a town to explore, but we weren't planning on an excursion that day. I have heard of the mount tapioi hiking trail, but it seems the trail is closed on weekends? Is this the day we should plan on enjoying the ship?

Best excursion on Raiatea: https://www.tahaa.net/index.php/en/

I've been to Raiatea over a half dozen times and have done many things ....... this is the #1 must do excursion.

• Thanks 1

So glad to hear this as we have it booked for our October cruise! Stay on the ship? NOT

Very easy to do this excursion. You walk off the ship and go to yor right around the dock area, Bruno will be waiting for you there in front of his boat. Bruno is a bit melancholy but he is a wonderful man and makes sure everyone has a great time. If you want to go on the drift snorkel a few more times just ask, he'll make sure you get your fill. Bruno also takes fantastic photography which he gives to his guest at no additional charge.

• 5 weeks later...
Very easy to do this excursion. You walk off the ship and go to yor right around the dock area, Bruno will be waiting for you there in front of his boat. Bruno is a bit melancholy but he is a wonderful man and makes sure everyone has a great time. If you want to go on the drift snorkel a few more times just ask, he'll make sure you get your fill. Bruno also takes fantastic photography which he gives to his guest at no additional charge.

Hi Tahitianbigkahuna

We will be in Raiatea later this year in October, just wondering do you need to book this tour prior to arriving or can you purchase it when you arrive

Thanks

I am interested in hiking to Mount Tapioi. Can anyone tell me the location of it and how far it is from the cruise port. How would we get to the base - do we need transportation. Should we book a tour that takes you there and if so, which one? Thank you.

Hi Tahitianbigkahuna

We will be in Raiatea later this year in October, just wondering do you need to book this tour prior to arriving or can you purchase it when you arrive

Thanks

Depends if you feel lucky ........ Bruno is very popular and October is a nice time to travel to FP thus it could get booked up.

Depends if you feel lucky ........ Bruno is very popular and October is a nice time to travel to FP thus it could get booked up.

Thanks, think I might try and contact him and see if he has anything available :)

Hi Daniel, this is our alternate plan for raiatea too. Have you booked? No further details on the hiking trail for Sunday?

Kathy

HI Ottawa :-)

We are going probably for the Kayak Tour at Faaroa with http://www.raiatea-activites.com/en/activities/kayak/ (already contacted the owner)

Trying to decide if we are doing the full-day tour with them which includes the Marae Taputapuatea

Cheers,

Daniel

Hello Kathy,

The kayak at Raiatea-activities is booked thru Windstar. We are trying to get them to add a half-day tour (which they advertise on their web site). They said to me that we are still too early to tell if they can have enough people for the other half-day tour. I will let you know.

Daniel

Hi Tahitianbigkahuna

Thanks

We will be in Raiatea in October 2017 as well. We contacted this tour probably 11 months in advance and completely booked it in just a few weeks with others on the same sailing. I would contact him immediately if you are interested. He can only accommodate 12 or 13 persons per tour, and with his great reviews it does not take long for him to sell out.

• 2 months later...

We just returned from Tahiti and the Wind Spirit and rented a car on Raiatea. If you rent from Raiatea Location, Raihau will pick you up at the tender and bring you to his agency, a short ride from the port. It was only $60.00 for the day including insurance, taxes, and unlimited mileage, and we had a wonderful lunch at the Opoa Beach Hotel. You can easily drive around the whole island in one day and traffic is almost non-existent, very relaxing. The next day we spent on the private motu off Taha'a that Windstar takes you to, which was extremely well-done.

Be aware that most stores will be closed on Sunday. It's one of the reasons why the Paul Gauguin stopped going there. It was always the first stop on their 7 day cruises. Bruno is a decent choice but you might need to book him in advance. We did.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

mrguyseattle:

Did you reserve your rental car in advance? If so, do you have contact information for the company? I would love to do this!

I tried contacting Hertz and it stated they are "sold out"!

Appreciate your help!

Mary

• 2 weeks later...
Best excursion on Raiatea: https://www.tahaa.net/index.php/en/

I've been to Raiatea over a half dozen times and have done many things ....... this is the #1 must do excursion.

Agree about this being the best excursion. We did Bruno's trip two years ago when we were there and enjoyed it so much that we are doing it again in December

• 2 months later...

I will be visiting next week off a cruise ship and don’t like my chances of Bruno having room for me in his tour. Are there other operators when you get off offering similar tours?

I will be visiting next week off a cruise ship and don’t like my chances of Bruno having room for me in his tour. Are there other operators when you get off offering similar tours?

We were there 10 years ago. There was a tour operator waiting at the pier. His name was "Stefan".

Only know his name.

Going back next March, I wonder he's still doing tours. He did a great tour, stingrays, shark feeding and motu bbq.

We were there 10 years ago. There was a tour operator waiting at the pier. His name was "Stefan".

Only know his name.

Going back next March, I wonder he's still doing tours. He did a great tour, stingrays, shark feeding and motu bbq.

Found that is was Stephan from Mata Tours.

Don't know if he's still doing tours ??

• 6 months later...