French Pacific Franc for Polynesia

Thebosn1

I am returning to French Polynesia this fall on a cruise and we will be in the same three ports as several years ago when we visited. Last time, I did not bother to exchange any money for CFP before the trip, because it was a giant hassle. When we were in Tahiti, Bora Bora and Moorea back in 2014, I just got cash from the ATMs.

I can't remember if I got killed on exchange rates or anything. Does anyone have any advice on whether its actually worth the hassle of trying to get cash before I go? The plan right now is to just hit the ATM again, but if anyone has more insight into this, I would welcome the advice.

Thanks

Jim

I am returning to French Polynesia this fall on a cruise and we will be in the same three ports as several years ago when we visited. Last time, I did not bother to exchange any money for CFP before the trip, because it was a giant hassle. When we were in Tahiti, Bora Bora and Moorea back in 2014, I just got cash from the ATMs.

I can't remember if I got killed on exchange rates or anything. Does anyone have any advice on whether its actually worth the hassle of trying to get cash before I go? The plan right now is to just hit the ATM again, but if anyone has more insight into this, I would welcome the advice.

Thanks

Jim

ATM is your friend in French Polynesia. Rates are terrible in the USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums