Barcelona Walking Tours?

lorif

Hi All,

We will be in Barcelona for a couple of nights in Feb and are interested in doing a walking tour while we are there. Any experience or recommendations from the boards?

Thanks for any feedback you can provide,

Lori

Hello our Roll Call has been researching Tours in Barcelona and I did find this one a moment ago for Guided walking tours. http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/tour/barcelona-walking-tour.html

This is also an excellant site for locating other interests, Hotels and offers you maps of the areas. We will be in Barcelona for 3 days Pre cruise Oct 25, 2011. A friend of ours did a Bike Tour. Have a fun time there.

Hi All,

We will be in Barcelona for a couple of nights in Feb and are interested in doing a walking tour while we are there. Any experience or recommendations from the boards?

Thanks for any feedback you can provide,

Lori

I've been researching walking tours too. I came across Runnerbean tours on these boards, they seem to come well recommended.

This picture of the sleeping artist was taken on Las Ramblas. I can't wait to go back!

Thanks for the ideas, I will follow up with the websites. I think I would prefer a guided walking tour, we find we get a lot more out of them. Our favorites are London Walks (so many choices), but have enjoyed tours in most cities we have been in.

CJcruzer, how important did you think the headsets were for your tour?

I like that the Runnerbean tour you just show up and don't book ahead, but it is not like they are a huge investment anyways.

Thanks,

Lori

• 1 month later...

We ended it up basing it on when our flight arrived and whichever of the two we were able to get to as both seemed recommended.

We ended up on the 10am Barcelona Gotic Walking Tour and had a great time. The same office for that also had sent out a great package of maps etc before our departure that I would strongly recommend; for the cost of shipping it is a great bargain.

Regarding the Walking Tour; our guide was great. She was informative, lively and really fun to be with. I think that a guided walking tour is an excellent way to see this part of the city, although we did see some people walking around reading guide books as they went. I guess we just like having someone that can bring the stories and history to life.

Lori

Question regarding the Walking Tour, where do you meet at, I passed this along to our Roll Call for next Oct. Several of us are going in early and I think this would be a great way to see the sights. Thank you.

Gay

Last year, when we did the Walking Tour of the Barri Gotic, it began at the Tourist Information Office branch in the Barri Gotic. The big Tourist Info Office in Placa de Catalunya can give you the precise info about where to go.

Turtles, thank you, hopefully I can get a group going. We have around 8 couples flying into Barcelona on Oct 26th, 2011 so the 27th would be a nice time to do this tour. I have passed this information regarding the walking Tours unto our LOS Roll Call. We have around 90 of us staying at the Hotel Barcelona Universal.

In regards to the walking Tour, what is the Roman Wall they are referring to. We are getting some interest on our LOS RC for our TA end of Oct.

I believe it's just that -- part of the ancient wall that surrounded the original part of the city.

In the Gothic quarter of Barcelona there are walls and buildings that go back through the centuries, sometimes pieces from one era being moved and reused for another. It is really beautiful and interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Lori....:D

Did you take the tour with "Runnerbean"?

thanks

Lori - also from Ontario

We ended it up basing it on when our flight arrived and whichever of the two we were able to get to as both seemed recommended.

We ended up on the 10am Barcelona Gotic Walking Tour and had a great time. The same office for that also had sent out a great package of maps etc before our departure that I would strongly recommend; for the cost of shipping it is a great bargain.

Regarding the Walking Tour; our guide was great. She was informative, lively and really fun to be with. I think that a guided walking tour is an excellent way to see this part of the city, although we did see some people walking around reading guide books as they went. I guess we just like having someone that can bring the stories and history to life.

Lori

thanks

Lori - also from Ontario

Hi Lori,

No, we didn't end up going on the RunnerBean tour because it started an hour later. We did the Barcelona tourism walking tour of the Gothic quarter http://www.barcelonaturisme.com/. They also sent out a great package (maps etc) ahead for the cost of postage. On our tour there were only 5 people plus the guide but she said the groups get much larger in the summer.

Hope this helps,

Lori

thanks

Lori - also from Ontario

We took the Runnerbean tour (the Gothic) and we enjoyed it very much. If the time suits you (11 or 11:30am), go for it. Plaza Real.

I don't know if someone else mentioned it, but the tour is free, just a tip required.

Archived