Celebrity Summit vs. Carnival Breeze

SSPACRUISE25

My husband and I are taking a cruise over Christmas this year. I have been on a three day carnival cruise years ago and had fun, but this is his first cruise and our first one as a couple. We will be cruising the week over Christmas. We are looking at Southern Caribbean cruises as we assume these islands would be the warmest during that time of year, but I could be wrong. This is why we are looking at both the Carnival Breeze and Celebrity Summit. Both are similarly priced and the main price difference would be the added cost of airfare to San Juan, which isn't too big of a deal. By way of background we are both 28 years old and live in a city where we have access to great restaurants. We go frequently to chains and also to nicer places like Ruth Chris. We both work 60-70 hour a week jobs and are really looking forward to this vacay. We want a ship where we can go to some great islands and go to some bars at night and have a nice dinner. Also, we have only been to St. Lucia and the Bahamas before. I was confused which ship would be a great fit for us. Some people have described Celebrity as a quiet cruise, but I was unsure whether this would be the case during Christmas. Thanks!

Hi Welcome Aboard. First let me say I've sailed Carnival and Summit and hands down Summit is better. The decor on Summit is more sophisticated and soothing. I've posted some pics to give you an idea of what to expect onboard. The food is good- but not gourmet in the MDR. Mass produced is what it is. I really enjoyed the specialty restaurants onboard. Bistro on Five is a bargain with a $5 surcharge. YOu get soup, salad, and made to order crepes and panini sandwiches. It's great for breakfast, lunch or a late night snack (open until 2AM). Qsine is really fun and unique. You'll love it. Normandie is formal and French with tableside cooking. I haven't done Normandie but did the Olympic (same restaurant) on Millenium and it was great. Always go with the waiters suggestions.

I don't know if you can only cruise at Christmas but be forewarned there will be multi-generations on a Christmas cruise. The ship will be filled to capacity. If you are looking for a romantic getaway- this isn't a good time for it. I'd go the following week- if that is the case.

This will be true of any of the mainstream cruise lines at Christmas.

poolarea.jpg.ca0d75c474797df63aaa9bc361963dc2.jpg

IMG_1797.jpg.4f9518717b3e8e0c4251d10455e5ef4a.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg.5c7c0b60be9f867fd52cf87297508e87.jpg

revelations.jpg.e02bd4b13dbc53dd70b5b6b850dee611.jpg

Yes there will be many children on a Christmas cruise. The kids only have one week in the winter to vacation- so it will be full of kids and extended families. It will be the same on Carnival too. So that is something to consider. You might have a better time for less money if you go the week after New Years.

Archived