New room service menu - not impressed

Thatname

Ive just looked at the new room service menu for my upcoming cruise and have discovered that they now charge for EVERYTHING. We booked our room with the thought of eating there a few times so that we didnt miss the scenery, and now feel well and truely ripped off.

They don't charge for the hot breakfast paninis or continental breakfast..In addition various salads, plus soup, poached salmon and spaghetti are not charged for, as well as sandwiches, baguettes etc. Seems pretty good to me, and totally at odds to the OP's rant about being charged for 'EVERYTHING'.

Edited by wowzz

Sorry CCFC, I hadn't looked at breakfast, you can still have free items there.

wowzz, I think you've missed my point. That was the case when I booked, however I've check checked out their new menus (from the middle of June) https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/example_menu and that's changed. Other than breakfast there's no free items.

My apologies - looked at the old menu by mistake. The only consolation is that the new menu is slightly more exciting than the old one, but at a price!

Alternatively I suppose you could bring a meal back to your cabin from the buffet.

I think this will lead to an increased use of the grab & go items. Although the new room service charges had not come in on our May cruise we did use g&g more than room service, the sandwich quality was not quite as good but there was a good selection of items, and being next to the deck BBQ you could always pick up some chips as well.

There is a thread about this a couple of pages ago. We are off on Arcadia on Sunday which is the first new menu/chargeable menu. Not bothered to be honest as I will probably only use it for breakfast on some mornings.

If I want it and I have to pay for the privilege then so be it. Won't spoil my holiday

I'm happy to pay for a better choice of items than on the old menu. We sometime use the Room Service Menu when we get back late from a morning excursion and the choice before was somewhat limited. I think the addition of the Panini for breakfast will be popular and that isn't chargeable. I think the new menu is much more interesting for those people who want to use it. We have a long trip coming up next year and it may be that on some evenings we may opt to use Room Service in the evening which we've never done before and wouldn't have done with the old menu.

Ive just looked at the new room service menu for my upcoming cruise and have discovered that they now charge for EVERYTHING. We booked our room with the thought of eating there a few times so that we didnt miss the scenery, and now feel well and truely ripped off.

Sorry to hear that. I assume this will be your last cruise with P&O and you will be moving to a cruise line which offers free room service as it is clearly such an important feature for you.

Sorry to hear that. I assume this will be your last cruise with P&O and you will be moving to a cruise line which offers free room service as it is clearly such an important feature for you.

I was always led to believe that sarcasm was the lowest form of wit.

Furthermore I tend to agree with the OP.. we have several cruises booked with P&O and when we booked, room service was mostly free. In the past we have used room service regularly so I'm not very impressed.

We were on the very first cruise that was supposed to have the new room service menu (Aurora 13th May) but it didn't appear. I couldn't find out why - reception just said it had been delayed. So you may still receive the old (free) room service menu for some time.

We were on the very first cruise that was supposed to have the new room service menu (Aurora 13th May) but it didn't appear. I couldn't find out why - reception just said it had been delayed. So you may still receive the old (free) room service menu for some time.

As I said in the other thread I suspect they will have had complaints about a change made after people have bought an advertised cruise package.

Neither wonder this forum is so quiet when a relatively new poster gets a sarcastic answer like yours. People are entitled to a point of view but try for a little courtacy.

Personally I would prefer to pay for a better room service meal, rather than the previous free uninspired offering.

Looking at the new one Wowzz a lot of it looks very similar, but now with a price on its head, I can't imagine anyone paying for a baguette when they are free in grab & Go, but of course you do need to fetch them yourself.

I have never considered room service for anything but a noon time snack so I doubt I will be using it in future.

Great to see the new menus are marked gf where applicable. Good for Coeliacs like myself. I doubt the Head Waiter will now come round with menus for the next evening's dinner for those on special diets, as menus are marked with dietary information.

Well done P&O and thanks for posting new menus.:D

The new room service menu looks good, but doubt we will order from it, paid enough already for 34 nights on Adonia B2B next year, plus flights, hotels, car etc. Anyone got a hanky to wipe away the tears? lol.

The room service breakfast seems somewhat limited but isn't a show stopper, for me anyway, the panini and fruit juice look good enough. We only ever use it for breakfast and then usually only on sea days. We did enjoy the Celebrity breakfasts where you could choose from a full breakfast menu, but that's probably changed now I expect. All the lines seem to be making subtle cost saving changes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The room service breakfast seems somewhat limited but isn't a show stopper, for me anyway, the panini and fruit juice look good enough. We only ever use it for breakfast and then usually only on sea days. We did enjoy the Celebrity breakfasts where you could choose from a full breakfast menu, but that's probably changed now I expect. All the lines seem to be making subtle cost saving changes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cunard still has the cooked brekkie to cabin, no extra charge. Had a couple of full English breakfasts brought to cabin when we did a real early shorex on QM2, Sydney-HK in March. Lubbly Jubbly. :cool: It is very rare for us to have cabin meal delivery on any Line.

I have never -yet- used room service. However on Britannia the new menu doesn't start until after my cruise which is mid July.

Wonder why all the ships have different start times?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have never -yet- used room service. However on Britannia the new menu doesn't start until after my cruise which is mid July.

Wonder why all the ships have different start times?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Perhaps one of P&O's Executive Chefs is going from ship to ship, kicking it off, I mean supervising preparation of the new menu and its dishes.:cool: Perhaps even a guest celebrity chef?

Perhaps one of P&O's Executive Chefs is going from ship to ship, kicking it off, I mean supervising preparation of the new menu and its dishes.:cool: Perhaps even a guest celebrity chef?

Is that likely to include having breakfast delivered by James Martin?