Carnival Elation "Verandah Suites"

mskita

Has anyone stayed in the Verandah Suites with the obstructed balcony view on Carnival's Elation? If so, how close is the balcony to the next cabin and was there any noise from the Sports Deck above? Any other information is welcomed.

Thanks

Has anyone stayed in the Verandah Suites with the obstructed balcony view on Carnival's Elation? If so, how close is the balcony to the next cabin and was there any noise from the Sports Deck above? Any other information is welcomed.

Thanks

Here's a pretty good website with some recent photos and info on Elation...from October 2009:

http://www.shari.com/2009/06/carnival-elation-cruise-embarkation-to-sail-away.html

• 5 years later...

We will be staying in V27 on the Elation. It looks like the life boats may completely block the view on the balcony. I did get a great price though. We will be traveling with my teenage son. Is there plenty of room for 3 people?

In the cabin, yes. But if you haven't cruised before, you may be surprised at how small the cabin is. Much smaller than the standard hotel room. The balcony is very shallow. If you sit facing the balcony railing, your knees will touch the railing. There will barely be room for two chairs and a tiny table. Although these pictures are of the Imagination, Elation is the same. The small rescue boat is in front of your cabin:

BG-62.jpg

BG-59.jpg

This is how small the balcony is:

BG-4.jpg

BG-3.jpg

Thank you for the photos. It does give me a better idea of where we will be situated. We cruised on the Conquest and had a regular balcony room then, so I know what you mean about the general size of the rooms being smaller than the standard hotel room. Still excited and looking forward to the trip. :)

• 3 months later...

We are back from our cruise on the Elation, and I could not have been happier with our room. Because of the partially obstructed view, we got the room at a discounted rate. It was just between the smaller boat and a lifeboat, so it was obstructed. However, it was easy to see between the boats, and we still enjoyed the "extra" space. I am trying to upload some photos now.