Kennedy Library & Museum Boston

sandydownunder

When we were there we took a cab. I know some locals on the board wil recommend public transportation but I would not try to deal with this. Just take the cab from the port. On our visit there in the Fall of 2007 it was about $25.00 each way. We enjoyed the visit.

Keith

I think cab is the easiest way to get there. However, if you are interested in the "T" instructions, please post back and we will give them to you. Basically, you would have to take the Silver Line to South Station, the Red Line to JFK/UMass, and a bus over to UMass which is where the Kennedy Library is.

Directions from Black Falcon Pier:

- Take Silver Line to South Station

- At South Station take the Red Line (Outbound to Braintree) to the JFK/Columbia Point stop. There is a free shuttle back and forth to the library.

For more information/details about transportation, directions, and the museum check out the website: www.jfk.org

I guess I'm just a frugal New Englander - it would make me cringe to spend $50.00 on a cab to get there and back!:eek:

Thanks everyone for the advice.

We will take a cab over to the library. I forgot to mention the ship doesn't get in until 2pm and the JFK library closes at 5pm so we will need all the time we can get.

However I'm with you habitoiyam. We'll come back on the train. Which would be the best stop to get off to walk the Freedom Trail? By now it will probably be about 6pm. The ship doesn't leave until 10pm. We will be in Boston on Sun 4th Oct. When would it be getting dark?

I've been to Boston before so I know to follow the red line around the Freedom trail. My friend hasn't been. It is mainly to give her a taste of Boston. Definately a return visit is needed. It is a shame the ship (Triumph) is not getting in until so late in the day.

Sandra

Archived